PC Peripherals Which mouse to buy?

Hi all,

I want to buy a mouse for a friend of mine, but I am confused, & need a little help deciding.

I want to buy a wired mouse, since I am not a fan of wireless mouse, which use up battery, & I don't think my friend would want it either, but if there is a good wireless mouse in the given range that I am looking for, suggestions are welcome, so that I can ask my friend about it.

The mouse that I have looked at, are these:

M100r from Logitech: http://www.amazon.in/Logitech-M100r...11?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1489236653&sr=1-11

It seems like a good mouse, but there are quite a lot of negative reviews for this one, which is creating doubt in my mind, whether I should go for this one or not.

Other is this one, from HP:

http://www.amazon.in/HP-KY619AA-But...1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1489236646&sr=1-4

This also looks good, & this is the mouse that I got a few months ago for myself, & it is working good so far. However, earlier it was listed on HP site, & now it isn't, which again is causing doubt, whether I would get warranty for it or not. Should I mail & ask HP about it?

Other choice is this from HP & listed on their site too, but it is cheap, & makes me wonder, if the quality will be that good.

http://www.amazon.in/HP-X500-Optica...1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1489236646&sr=1-2

Although the rating & all seems good for it.

So, can anyone help me decide?

Or, if there is any other good mouse in the given range, please suggest.

out of your options, I prefer the HP X500 due to lower price and optical sensor, There is no reasonable difference between your options.

Finally bought the HP X500 mouse. Opened it today. Seems like a good mouse. I had thought the size would be bigger, but it's not. It's normal size. The wire is long too, which is great. Should work well like the other HP mouse that I had got sometime back.

This is the first time that I have ordered a mouse other than Logitech. Let's see how these mice work.

Thank you for the suggestions and advice... much appreciated.

Well, not even an year has passed, and the scrolling has stopped working :(. Should go for replacement.

Edit: Sorry. This wasnt the model for which problem is occurring. Was for another model that I purchased earlier.
Moderator, please delete this post. Sorry.

Last edited:
Unless you are gaming or using a desktop where there's no need of moving the mouse away from the desk I would suggest you to go for a wireless mouse. Trust me you'll never go back.

Do not worry about battery life. Just get a Logitech with laser sensor (optical sensor uses more battery). The battery will last months even with heavy usage. It will cost you ~500 INR.

Thanks for the advice and links :). Sounds reasonable, and good. I do use this mouse for a desktop, but I wouldn't mind trying a wireless mouse, if the battery lasts long, and it's affordable. 500/- certainly sounds affordable for a good quality mouse that will last long.

I was searching for the fix to mouse scroll problem, and noticed that the scrolling problem is quite common with HP mice. Even if both left and right buttons, mouse is still useless if scroll is not working, as it is used often, and it's annoying if it isnt working.

I opened the mouse and cleaned the wheel and spindle, but even then it won't work. Might be something wrong with the sensor.

I today went to inquire about price of Logitech M235 in local shops. Mind you, these are supposed to be the good shops there, where I asked. Both of them don't have any idea about this model, and they don't have it. Such is the sad state of local computer shops.

They showed me Logitech M170, priced at 725 or 750, which is available for 598/- on Amazon currently. Looters!

sorry for Hijacking the thread, I'm looking for a mouse which is bigger than average and a bit on the heavy side as it gives me more control. Previously used Logitech MX518 which I liked but is now not working correctly.

sorry for Hijacking the thread, I'm looking for a mouse which is bigger than average and a bit on the heavy side as it gives me more control. Previously used Logitech MX518 which I liked but is now not working correctly.
Depending on you budget get a mouse in the logitech g series. Using the logitech G302 and it is really good.

Back