Monitors Which monitor to buy? Dell U2312M or U2412M?

Folks, I bought the Dell U2312HM for Rs. 14500/- from Ankith Infotech on SP road. I just had the time to hook it up to my system and ensure that everything was in order.

Based on about 30 minutes of usage, I personally feel that it is a great upgrade over my Samsung 20 inch monitor.

I now admit that an IPS panel is a worthy investment to make over TN panels.

Thanks to everyone who helped me make up my mind!!

Congrats on a great purchase.Do post the pics of the monitor in the showoff thread.
Folks, I bought the Dell U2312HM for Rs. 14500/- from Ankith Infotech on SP road. I just had the time to hook it up to my system and ensure that everything was in order.

Based on about 30 minutes of usage, I personally feel that it is a great upgrade over my Samsung 20 inch monitor.

Congratulations!!!
<

Glad to know you like what you got. Makes me excited for my own expected shipment now. I am upgrading from a crappy 14" laptop display to that monitor, so I hope I feel the difference too.
<

Folks, I love my new monitor!

The first thing I did after I bought it was to calibrate it using the ICC profiles found at TFTCentral.

I must add that the left-right viewing angles are not very good. There is a noticable contrast shift at about 45 degrees.

Otherwise, it is awesome - the color reproduction (especially black) is good.

This makes watching movies a joy - I no longer see the 'blocking' artefacts that I always saw in videos.

I don't think I will ever buy a TN panel again...

Back