Which modem to buy for home use ?

Fellas,

Need your help in deciding in a modem required for home use. Will put the features below which I need -

1. I have 2 floors, so should have decent range.
2. Mainly 3-4 devices will be connected, but should support more connections.
3. Budget is between 1k to 2k. Should be a value for money.
4. Support for SIM - Not sure how this will work, but if possible I would want to put a Jio sim in it and use the same - Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance guys !

Peace

WIFI router
Edimax BR-6428NSV3 300Mbps 5-in-1 multi-function Wi-Fi Router
ADSL router
Edimax AR-7288WnA N300 Wireless ADSL Modem Router

4G router doesn't let SIM inserted into it.
Instead, you need to insert the SIM in a USB modem. Then that modem will be inserted into the 4G Wifi router.

Last edited:
WIFI router
Edimax BR-6428NSV3 300Mbps 5-in-1 multi-function Wi-Fi Router
ADSL router
Edimax AR-7288WnA N300 Wireless ADSL Modem Router

4G router doesn't let SIM inserted into it.
Instead, you need to insert the SIM in a USB modem. Then that modem will be inserted into the 4G Wifi router.

Thanks for your reply. So I need a router + model with a USB stick dongle in which the SIM will go. Correct ? Any recommended one ?

Any feedback on these below models -

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B01DNHI9Z4?psc=1

http://www.amazon.in/D-Link-DSL-275...7_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0N0DTY9PF08BF6PE0XSB

DSL-2750U WIRELESS N ADSL2+ 4-PORT WI-FI ROUTER
it does not have any USB port for 4G modem.

Ramptel SansCord RNH326 300 Mbps Wireless Router
it also does not have any USB port for 4G modem.
Also it may not perform good.

you need

Hello, this router is available on Amazon.in

http://www.amazon.in/TP-LINK-TL-MR3420-3G-Wireless-Router/dp/B003WK62OS

So will this do all the work of a modem (like connecting my BSNL broadband) & i have put in any 4G stick & use it.

Thank you again.

If you can get v2 of this tplink mr3420 router then you can install rooter firmware to get full lte speeds supported by dongle. In tplink firmware it is limited to 25mbps.

Ev
If you can get v2 of this tplink mr3420 router then you can install rooter firmware to get full lte speeds supported by dongle. In tplink firmware it is limited to 25mbps.

Even, i was reading that the Reliance Jio hotspot is launched for INR 1,999. Thinking to buy that, as it will be mobile & has up to 6 hours battery backup.

What do you think ?[DOUBLEPOST=1474122305][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, so I visited the reliance store today and the new hotspot is out of stock. However he has asked me to come tomorrow at 10 am if I want to buy.

So guys, should I buy this reliance hotspot for INR 1999 ?

Last edited:
I have the new Jio hotspot/router. If you're buying it for the 3 months free internet pack, then buy it without thinking twice. I've been running it 24*7 for 4 days and it works well. It's small and sleek so you can place it almost anywhere. Range is okay, battery life is not bad. I usually have between 1-5 devices connected to it.
You can extend the range by adding more routers.
There aren't many configuration options, so there's not much you can do with it if Jio's wireless internet plans after 3 months aren't attractive.
But you should have done full paisa vasooli by then.

Back