Android Which mobiles have the best sound quality ? And SQ reviews ...

PoBoy

Skilled
Which mobiles have the best sound quality ( via IEMs ) ?
Below 10K.
Below 20K.
Above 20K.

Do any of the 'head fi' sites review mobiles wrt sound quality? Somehow I doubt regular mobile reviewers can really judge sound quality of a mobile. Just as they cannot really judge cameras, but pretend to ;-)

most new android mobile phones have audio routing through usb interface now. It means if you attach a dac to the micro usb port, the phone will recognize the dac and send digital audio to it directly. so with a dac and a really good pair of earphones, you can get awesome music from any android phone with Android 5.0+ on it.

I use this setting on my android tv box to get audio out from the box via a fiio dac to my headphones. The android tv box does not have any 3.5mm jack. Just hdmi and optical out.

LG v10/v20 G5/G6/G7 Series, HTC not sure of the exact models, your best bet is searching on HiFi audio forums, the LG recommendation is from personal opinion, I have a v20

Am I right in assuming this : For a mobile with Type-C, if I use a USB cable/dongle like :

the sound quality when using a IEM will be independent of the mobile hardware (DAC etc) ?
That is, I should get good sound quality from any mobile (with a Type-C port).

fyi : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ve-odyssey-discussions-and-impressions-thread.886989/

EDIT : I wasn't aware of this too :

Back