Graphic Cards Which GTX 1080 card from US?

Just do note that EVGA aren't the best when it comes to card quality (in terms of noise/cooling etc). They are known for the superb customer support.
This card was available for 20K yesterday so a 3k cut in the price really drove me in to buying it. The MSI double fan version that would fit in my case (takes <=270mm graphic card) was not in stock.

It seems like a design issue with their cooling system, which people have been complaining about for quite a long time. In any case don't overclock the card and ensure good airflow in the cabinet. Maybe get an extra fan or two. It's mostly the 70s and 80s for now, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Last edited:
Guys, need opinion on the Zotac GTX1080 AMP! Extreme as well.

It looks like it boils down to either the Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming Pack or the Zotac AMP Extreme. I was almost decided on the Gigabyte, but I have read that a few people have got Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming cards with QC issues like some heat sink fins getting bent or one of the fans touching the housing.

Personally I'd never buy a premium product from Zotac because they always felt like a second tier AIB partner like XFX and Palit, people mostly buy their products because it's cheaper than similar offerings from others.
Why don't you take a look at the MSI offerings like @Chaos already suggested ? I've never had any problems with their products.

but I have read that a few people have got Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming cards with QC issues like some heat sink fins getting bent or one of the fans touching the housing.

You just have to roll the dice on this one when it comes to GPU's these days, every manufacturer seems to have one problem or the other and no one can really guarantee a quality product it seems.
There will always be problems for any and all gpu's, you'll have to settle for something with the least number of complaints.
I just checked user reviews for the AMP extreme (that's one big ass gpu btw) on Newegg, 4 out of 40 people ended up with a lemon in a month, one guy is complaining about the fan noise and everyone has something to say about its weight and size.

EVGA provide warranty in India via Savera Digital India Pvt. Ltd. They have center in Andheri (East) and Lamington road. I was told by PrimeABGB.
I would prefer zotac only because of 5 years of warranty which they provide.

EVGA provide warranty in India via Savera Digital India Pvt. Ltd. They have center in Andheri (East) and Lamington road. I was told by PrimeABGB.
I would prefer zotac only because of 5 years of warranty which they provide.
But that is only for the EVGA cards sold by them right. Not the cards bought internationally

Guys, need opinion on the Zotac GTX1080 AMP! Extreme as well.

It looks like it boils down to either the Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming Pack or the Zotac AMP Extreme. I was almost decided on the Gigabyte, but I have read that a few people have got Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming cards with QC issues like some heat sink fins getting bent or one of the fans touching the housing.
The Gigabyte issue surely must have been fixed by now.
I remember because that was specifically the reason I steered clear of Gigabyte when I was buying my GPU couple months back. Back then they were in the process of fixing their faulty packaging which was causing the bent heat sink fins and fans.

But if there's any doubt, go with MSI. Just solid build quality which you can feel when holding the thing in your hand.
And the Twin Frozr VI is a really great cooling system.

^^ Yeah, looks like the issues must have been resolved. Don't see anybody complaining about it recently. The card itself has been revised and the new stocks are all revision 2.0 (though not sure what all it changes). In any case, order has already been placed for Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming Premium Pack. :)

I too would've gone with Gigabyte if not for the early issues.
MSI would do better to ditch the flashy red cooler design, it's quite overbearing to look at.

Back