Storage Solutions Which External HDD for Backup

rikhav

Disciple
Hi guys

I need an external HDD for taking backup of my data. My PC is on 24X7 and the HDD will stay connected permanently to the PC. I plan to take backup of my data every 12 or 24 hours. My brother is into graphic designing and data is very critical

Which external HDD would you suggest i go for? Portable or powered?

If portable is fine keeping in mind the HDD will stay connected to the PC, I plan to buy the following HDD

Adata HD710 2.5 inch 1 TB External Hard Disk - Adata: Flipkart.com

I am choosing this drive as its more rugged. If there are is a better HDD please advise me

Thanks in advance

any portable 2.5 drive would do fine. these portable usb drives power down after a period of inactivity so they will save power a lot. no use of getting a powered drive since you only plan on taking backups around once a day.
That rugged drive is overkill for always connected drive.

any portable 2.5 drive would do fine. these portable usb drives power down after a period of inactivity so they will save power a lot. no use of getting a powered drive since you only plan on taking backups around once a day.
That rugged drive is overkill for always connected drive.

Just getting that drive for that accidental fall once in a blue moon

Purchased Adata HD710 1 TB from the Ebay link. Got the HDD within 2 days of making the payment. As of now working fine but getting only 18 to 20 MB data transfer speed. I guess its time to upgrade my PS

Back