Which courier do you use for shipping electronic goods?

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
I went to DTDC to ship my router to Bangalore. First of all the lady there looked confused and asked me if I had shipped something like this before. Whether this has battery. Is it switched on right now. What is it used for. Then she made me open the sealed box to have a look at it. Finally she proceeded to hand me a bill of 650 rupees! :coldsweat: I thanked her for wasting my time and left.

So which courier do you guys use for sending all these electronic goods within India and what is roughly the cost of shipping and insurance separately.

I have sent mobile phone & kindle through DTDC. but the courier franchisee is quite friendly to me.
He charged me quite reasonable, about Rs 80.
never needed insurance. all parcels were delivered safely in time.

buts sure, if the courier guy doesn't know you, he won't take electronics.

Sent a couple of Bluetooth headphones using DTDC from Bangalore to Bhopal.

Since they costed 14k each I took insurance.

It was around 650 bucks.

BTW, Bluedart asked for 2.8K.

Speed Post by India Post, reaches anywhere in India with real time tracking right from booking to delivery. Just make sure the parcel is packed properly & be rest assured for the rest.

Rates are much lower compared to Blue Dart or Fedex. No volumetric wieght & all only normal weight

@Renegade if you are planning to use speedpost then check with the recipient about its service in their area beforehand.

these sarkari babus are chor and lazy. i am not making this up and i have proper proofs for all their goof-ups. i've contacted their headpost office as well but even the seniors are chors.

they have good delivery record in certain areas, so it's better to check beforehand. and they can be relied upon for sending parcels abroad but not the other way around or for domestic use.

Speed post does not accept electronics in my town :mad:
Professional asks me to use their premium service which costs ₹250/kg & DTDC asks ₹240/kg.

Tirupati was good, ₹110/kg for air shipping.

Speedpost works flawlessly on all speed post centres in Nagpur, have to sign declaration that I'll be responsible for any damage. That's it.
If you are paranoid declare it any other non electronic fragile item (remove battery if applicable, most phones with removable battery already comes with battery removed while they are sealed pack so don't worry) and Insure it for a nominal amount like 4k-5k. the Courier company will NEVER mishandle a shipment with insurance no matter whatever amount it is. ;)

Disguise it as a e-commerce package if necessary. it requires invoice to be visible at all times so they won't ask much and process smoothly.

PS: I have found the delivery times and package quality feedback better than any other couriers. have experienced Bluedart and DTDC causing damage to product box lots of time. X( Although never got any product damaged which I shipped. (received many)

PPS: A rare incidence of my non insured package getting lost was also there from Aramex. It was one-off and the product wasn't expensive so let it go.

best would be to check another DTDC center. In my area First Flight, DTDC both accept these things.

Last edited:
Guys is it advisable to undervalue the watch while shipping? DTDC plus quoted Rs.1150(with insurance) for a watch worth Rs.8000 to be delivered to Mumbai.
Also checked with Blue Dart and they said Rs.3350:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Same I am facing in Mumbai..
None of the couriers accepting electronic items
Even if they accept they will ask to go with premium service where DTDC charge Rs 390/kg.. Track on 250rs / kg

Even speed post rejecting electronic items.. sometimes have to say lie but can easily get caught in future..

Any courier service in Mumbai which accept electronic items & that too at reasonable rates

Tirupati Courier Services

I sent my PSU using their via Air service. Mumbai to Kolkata - 3Kgs - ₹360 - Delivery on 3rd day morning

I have sent a router using speed post and they gladly accepted. The distance was about 950-1000 km and the price was just Rs 45. The package weighed 200 grams. Also, the speed post people refund your money if they don't deliver withing 4 days (3 days+ the day you book your post). They even have pickup from home if you are a bulk customer. There is no courier better than speed post. Never ship via DTDC as these people outsource the delivery to some random companies and also never deliver on time. Only blue dart is better than speed post. The ranking of parcel service is Blue dart>Fedex>Speedpost>Ecom. The problem with Fedex is that it delivers only to cities while Bluedart's problem is that it is overpriced. If you consider all the factors like pricing, speed and service, speed post is the best. Gone are the old days when postmen were lazy & corrupt. In today's India, the postmen are very decent.

Back