Which broadband in gurgaon ? reliance is ok?

Mr India

Disciple
currently have airtel 1199 plan and it gets over very soon due to 3 ppl using it n its hardly like 15-gb or something . i saw this reliance broadband pamphlet and it says 1099 for 4mbps full unlimited. how is the service ? also any other suggestion ?? btw is the reliance jio gonna replace the current reliance broadband that we have ?

i prefer broadband with no sign-in etc. like my airtel where i just turn on mobile or laptop and it auto connects the net but i heard reliance u need to sign up every time and that it also blocks torrent sites. i need torrents and all sites to be unblocked. also i rarely switch off wifi so need it like always on.

I am on reliance. Works fine. 699 for 2mbps no FUP. That's the best thing about reliance. No problems for last 2-3 months. However, before that connection went down on an average of 1-2 days in a month. Sign-in is a PITA . But you don't have to login every time. Still don't understand how it works.

BSNL zindabad!

Can't suggest you any particular plan but BSNL is more reliable than Reliance in Gawaargaon.
bsnl has same plans like airtel so no point changing[DOUBLEPOST=1454735655][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am on reliance. Works fine. 699 for 2mbps no FUP. That's the best thing about reliance. No problems for last 2-3 months. However, before that connection went down on an average of 1-2 days in a month. Sign-in is a PITA . But you don't have to login every time. Still don't understand how it works.
how do u sign in on mobile ? hope 4-5 devices can connect at same time. i wish no sign in as its not user friendly like airtel

Through the same desktop login site. But sign in is not device specific. Once you sign in from any device, you dont have to sign in on other devices. Therefore, no limitation on number of devices. I and my family use 6-7 devices.

bsnl has same plans like airtel so no point changing

Are you looking for fixed-GB plans?

I've never used a fixed plan in my life... always unlimited connection, so don't know what you saw in BSNL plans.

Unless it's something major as optical fiber cut in the sea, I've never faced any downtime from BSNL in the last 4 years. Though my neighbors love to cut my cable occasionally but poor BSNL linemen fix that as well - on the same day of complaint booking.

I used Reliance twice. On the fist occasion, their salesman quit his job and took away cash deposits of lots of customers. LOL, Reliance didn't/couldn't do anything. On second occasion, they didn't install their equipment at my home but kept on charging money. I have a court case going against Reliance mofos for the last 2 years. These private players have to rely on other people's houses to install their amplifiers etc and quite often those guys switch them off at night. No such issues with state run BSNL.

I am surprised at BSNL's efficiency in this matter, that too in a place like Gawaargaon. I got this connection for just 3 months but found it to be more reliable than Tikona, Reliance and Airtel. I never thought that I'd keep BSNL and ditch rest of the private ISPs.

Regarding sign-on: I don't know my BSNL password. I entered it 4 years ago in one of my routers and I never had to use it again anywhere else. My router is running non-stop since Nov 2011.

Are you looking for fixed-GB plans?

I've never used a fixed plan in my life... always unlimited connection, so don't know what you saw in BSNL plans.

Unless it's something major as optical fiber cut in the sea, I've never faced any downtime from BSNL in the last 4 years. Though my neighbors love to cut my cable occasionally but poor BSNL linemen fix that as well - on the same day of complaint booking.

I used Reliance twice. On the fist occasion, their salesman quit his job and took away cash deposits of lots of customers. LOL, Reliance didn't/couldn't do anything. On second occasion, they didn't install their equipment at my home but kept on charging money. I have a court case going against Reliance mofos for the last 2 years. These private players have to rely on other people's houses to install their amplifiers etc and quite often those guys switch them off at night. No such issues with state run BSNL.

I am surprised at BSNL's efficiency in this matter, that too in a place like Gawaargaon. I got this connection for just 3 months but found it to be more reliable than Tikona, Reliance and Airtel. I never thought that I'd keep BSNL and ditch rest of the private ISPs.

Regarding sign-on: I don't know my BSNL password. I entered it 4 years ago in one of my routers and I never had to use it again anywhere else. My router is running non-stop since Nov 2011.
im happy with airte cutomer service. just not happy with the 15-or 20 gb that i get in a month with 4 mbps.BSNL also has similar priced plans so why even change. i need like 30-50gb data for peaceful usage. 1275 /month in bsnl gets me only 20gb with 512kbps after 20. pretty much same as my airtel. how is ur router running non stop since 4 years ? kabhi light nhi jaati ? to be honest the only thing that bothers is reliances sign up in some webpage to use internet that sucks. as currently they have a 1099 4mbps fully unlimited plan that im considering.[DOUBLEPOST=1454751563][/DOUBLEPOST]
Through the same desktop login site. But sign in is not device specific. Once you sign in from any device, you dont have to sign in on other devices. Therefore, no limitation on number of devices. I and my family use 6-7 devices.
how long does a sign in last ? like if i sign in once in morning and router remains on till night will i need to again sign in if pc n mobile was off but router was always on ?

Last edited:
how long does a sign in last ? like if i sign in once in morning and router remains on till night will i need to again sign in if pc n mobile was off but router was always on ?
It has a mind of its own. My router is always on. Sometimes it will randomly sign out even while using and sometimes will last for 2 days. Take an average of once or max twice a day for sign in.

big-ass inverter and then a UPS to take care of those blips during switch-over.
nice, however i dont believe since last 5 years it has never been turned off. i also have a Dual battery double invertor setup. but there hav been a few times where there was power failure of like 2 days consecutive in summer once.[DOUBLEPOST=1454776495][/DOUBLEPOST]
It has a mind of its own. My router is always on. Sometimes it will randomly sign out even while using and sometimes will last for 2 days. Take an average of once or max twice a day for sign in.
ok , i think signing in twice a day i can manage if login id and password is not too long to type. also are torrents throttled or anything ? all torrent sites work right ? im planning for the 4mbps unlimited plan with no FUP.

nice, however i dont believe since last 5 years it has never been turned off. i also have a Dual battery double invertor setup. but there hav been a few times where there was power failure of like 2 days consecutive in summer once.
i've experienced max 6~8 hours outage. we've got 3-phase power supply, so most of the times, one phase has power. except fridge, oven and geysers, we've got almost everything on inverter backup. i've got two 3KVA inverters... that's 8 batteries in total.

so, yes, my router stays on 24x7. in fact, i switch off my laptop-turned-into-desktop only when i am out for more than a week. otherwise, it stays on too :p

ok , i think signing in twice a day i can manage if login id and password is not too long to type. also are torrents throttled or anything ? all torrent sites work right ? im planning for the 4mbps unlimited plan with no FUP.
ID and password is saved anyway so just have to press login button.
I don't know if torrents are blocked or not but i have noticed that in the last couple of months, many sites do not open. But always found an alternate site that worked. No throttling happens. I can't check my data usage, but i guess it would be around 30-40 GB

How? And static IP charges?

how ? extra cost ? u sure else wont everyone do it ?

You will have to call up Airtel and tell them you want a fixed IP. That is it. Do not mention anything. If they ask you why: Say you need a fixed / dedicated IP due to some office applications you use. They will not argue further. The charge for this is 250.00 per month. Usually after this is enabled, the FUP never kicks in. Some users here and on the web have verified this. I have yet to try it. If it does not work for 1-2 months, get the fixed IP provision removed. I will try this in April, because I am shifting houses soon, and not sure if Airtel will be in the housing complex I am moving to. Give it a shot.

Also an Airtel CC executive told me this once. He was selling a higher FUP plan to me and I refused. I told him, I want a non - FUP plan. He suggested the above modus operandi.

You will have to call up Airtel and tell them you want a fixed IP. That is it. Do not mention anything. If they ask you why: Say you need a fixed / dedicated IP due to some office applications you use. They will not argue further. The charge for this is 250.00 per month. Usually after this is enabled, the FUP never kicks in. Some users here and on the web have verified this. I have yet to try it. If it does not work for 1-2 months, get the fixed IP provision removed. I will try this in April, because I am shifting houses soon, and not sure if Airtel will be in the housing complex I am moving to. Give it a shot.

Also an Airtel CC executive told me this once. He was selling a higher FUP plan to me and I refused. I told him, I want a non - FUP plan. He suggested the above modus operandi.
250 is too much extra , i think il buy a reliance 1099 no fup 4bmps now.

Back