Where to buy computer parts from in Calicut, Kerala?

Get it from Snapdeal + Amazon depending on whichever is cheaper. Snapdeal has some freecharge based coupons that you can use to get 5-10% discount. I got a WD green 2TB for 5150 yesterday. after 300rs coupon. Offline prices were 5600.

I got all my parts online ( not a single one offline, even got the everready spike guard online for 250 lol ). Saved around 5-7k easily and didn't have to deal with uninformed assholes at these shops or their shitty service.

Last edited:
If you're new to system assembly then avoid the street dealers as they will try dump you with bad stock as soon as they find out your new to computers.
my advice is to google reviews of the parts you want. information will save you much $$$.

replace the thermaltake cooler with the hyper 212 (no need for thermal paste as it's included)
crucial memory might be hard to get. you can opt for corsair vengeance or kingston hyper x
now the gpu is tricky because of weird pricing in India. upto 1080p the gtx 960 and r9 380 are more or less equal so if gaming at or less than 1080p then go with the cheaper gpu.
also, the r9 380 is a rebadged r9 285 so if that's available for less then get it. (you can also the r9 you might be able to get a good price for the 280/x as local dealers would want to sell off "old" stock. online prices for video cards don't seem to drop over time.
for the psu get a seasonic s12 520w instead of the corsair cx 600.
fractal design might not be available in India (not sure)

i would try to budget in a better cpu. the fx 6300 is pretty good but it's one flaw is gaming performance and it looks like you're putting together a gaming system. a core i5 would be ideal although the core i3 4330 makes a damn strong case for itself (if you can find one i.e.).

Last edited:
I'm sorry @TheBluCookie! only difference i see b/w this and the first build is there is a monitor and no cpu cooler+paste.
the build as it was from the first post itself was fine. just gave my 2 cents for some fine tuning and possible availability issues you might face in India.
if you're set on an fx6300 then i recommend you include the cooler master hyper 212 as the cpu can be oc'ed a good amount.
also, avoid pcpartpicker as it will throw up options that are not available in India.

cpu: fx6300 ~7k
cooler: cm hyper 212 ~3k
mobo: Asus m5a78 based board ~3-6k
gpu: radeon r9 280 or 285 or 380 (all three perform roughly the same) ~22-25k (the 280x outperforms all 3 but might not be available and the 380x hasn't been released)
hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ~4.5k
ram: corsair vengeance/kingston hyper 8gb ~4k
psu: seasonic s12 520w ~5k
kb+ mouse: cm devastator combo ~3k
opt. drive: standard dvd burner ~1k
pci: wifi card ~1-2k
headphones: sennheiser hd201 ~1k
case: anything other than the cheap no-name ones. decent ones start at ~2k onwards.
whatever's left can be blown on the monitor. what's your budget?

Um link plz?And my budgets about 42-43k.
And maybe i dont need a monitor.[DOUBLEPOST=1438690770][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyother site?

Last edited:
primeabg.com
if you buy the parts from a local store then they will put it together for you (some might charge a fee).

why don't you try putting it together yourself?
it's not as intimidating as it looks (in fact i find it a little fun. like playing with legos for adults). i'll be more than happy to guide you through (as i'm sure the rest of TE would :D).
all you need is a phillips screwdriver and a well lit area for assembly.
check out any youtube videos of system assembly to get an idea.

Back