Where this country is heading - do you have any hope ?

how to survive and have a respectable life in this country?

• Not Possible

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • OP is Antinational

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • OP has black money in Swiss bank

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • what is respect? What is life? Pay taxes & just Pay Taxex, make india Sooperpawa in 2020.

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters
https://www.thequint.com/news/india...for-rape-trafficking-of-kashmiri-women-booked

Probably thought he could voice his hate openly under a fascist regime, but forgot that he has a private job.

https://www.ddiworld.com/f7e3551d0a42484a9e530f76660c10a2
The charge is he is condoning violence. Where is he doing that in his tweets ?

To me it looks like he is reveling in their misery.

Swami got thrown out of Harvard on something similar

Neither of the two were charged with anything. But employers don't care for this

Political correctness is a disease it gives way to this thing called 'hate speech'. This is a club to beat anyone with.

^^ He is definitely condoning violence. Which part of "We are killing, maiming and raping you at will. Ha ha ha" is not condoning and encouraging more violence. If somebody else taunts or mocks him and others about massacring Kashmiri Pandits or blowing up people in bomb attacks, I doubt you or anybody else would take the same stance about political correctness and hate speech.

Thankfully, even if Police and govt keeps quiet and encourages such behavior, employers will ensure consequences for such behavior. Encourage such talk and he would soon be doing some killing and raping of his own. You have freedom of speech, but abusing it can have consequences.

The part i don't understand is who is the 'we' here ? Is he suggesting we have a state policy to rape women over there. We don't. Atrocities do occur but those are dealt with in military tribunals and they don't take these matters lightly when people are found guilty.

Context is missing, just a couple of tweets picked out. Maim, i suppose he is referring to pellet guns being used on stone pelters. That isn't deliberate to maim its to deter people from throwing stones in the first place. These people are used as human shields to protect militants. Kill, is to do with militants in encounters. Now this bit is state policy. The hit count last year was 212, half were locals, its up to 60 this year. As part of operation all out that started last June because a police officer was kidnapped from a wedding and murdered. The idea is to impress on people there are consequences to taking up arms against the state.

Part where he says kashmiri women are begging on the streets. Your avg kashmiri is doing better than their counterpart anywhere in the country. There are no kashmiris begging on streets

Now i support the govts policy on Kashmir, i see it as breaking the back of the insurgency there. It's multi-pronged and if continued will be effective. Nearly a lakh of ak-47's were recovered last year alone. They don't grow on trees

Does this mean i'm condoning violence ?

Last edited:
We don't. Atrocities do occur but those are dealt with in military tribunals and they don't take these matters lightly when people are found guilty.

Rapes by military personnel in conflict zones are not punished. This includes not just Kashmir, but Assam and some other similar areas as well. I have read of many cases from these conflict areas where the military personnel got away all kinds of atrocities including rape even when a court marshal happens. They simply have the powers to do what ever they want and get away with it.

This is nothing new either. there is not a single organized force that didn't commit atrocities when they had the chance. I don't think Indian military is any more different than any other military in present or past in that aspect.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/1130619/jsp/opinion/story_17023481.jsp

Context is missing, just a couple of tweets picked out. Maim, i suppose he is referring to pellet guns being used on stone pelters. That isn't deliberate to maim its to deter people from throwing stones in the first place. These people are used as human shields to protect militants. Kill, is to do with militants in encounters. Now this bit is state policy. The hit count last year was 212, half were locals, its up to 60 this year. As part of operation all out that started last June because a police officer was kidnapped from a wedding and murdered. The idea is to impress on people there are consequences to taking up arms against the state.

He is not probably not talking about something as trivial as the stone pelters. He is talking about the atrocities committed there against people in their own homes, but will never see the mainstream media. A few colleagues at my former workplace who were from Kashmir have told us during some informal chats that there are a lot of atrocities committed there against innocent people (both Muslims and Hindus) especially in the smaller towns and villages. They didn't have a good opinion of the police in particular.

Now i support the govts policy on Kashmir, i see it as breaking the back of the insurgency there. It's multi-pronged and if continued will be effective. Nearly a lakh of ak-47's were recovered last year alone. They don't grow on trees

Does this mean i'm condoning violence ?

There is no smoke without fire. At the very least you are talking about stone pelters. The govt in the time will do what ever is necessary to keep control. Not a lot different from what the British did to the people fighting for India's independence.

But the question is whether you are also condoning security forces or other people barging into innocent peoples homes and raping, maiming and killing.

But the question is whether you are also condoning security forces or other people barging into innocent peoples homes and raping, maiming and killing.

That's exactly what it seemed like to me too. Not just condoning, maybe even defending and justifying.

Rapes by military personnel in conflict zones are not punished. This includes not just Kashmir, but Assam and some other similar areas as well. I have read of many cases from these conflict areas where the military personnel got away all kinds of atrocities including rape even when a court marshal happens. They simply have the powers to do what ever they want and get away with it.

This is nothing new either. there is not a single organized force that didn't commit atrocities when they had the chance. I don't think Indian military is any more different than any other military in present or past in that aspect.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/1130619/jsp/opinion/story_17023481.jsp
This topic has come up on def boards and ex-mil were adamant about it not being tolerated in the military. Your article does not reference any army spokespersons from the area concerned at all. Why is that. Doesn't this give an incomplete picture ?

Also there is this false choice suggested between retaining or removing AFSPA. Only the army can take that decision when the situation no longer threatens the general functioning of the state. What people have to understand is without security there is nothing else. Law, rights, justice only flow once security can be maintained. The state has to retain a monopoly on violence if normalcy is to return. And AFSPA has been removed in areas when the situation improves.

AFSPA is most certainly not a license to rape. How does the army enforce discipline within its own ranks in such a case. Such a policy is inherently unsustainable. Whatever atrocities that have occurred would be far larger. And no this most certainly isn't policy with any professional army. Your comment reminded me of an article i read about google engineers protesting google doing any work for the military. This is in the field of AI. Google they said should do no evil. What surprised me is at what point did working for the military become evil ?

There was a group i remember that was loosely affliated with the state in naxal areas that was infamous for all sorts of trouble. Their name escapes me now. Ten years back. So one way for this to continue is the state backs non-state actors allied against insurgents. These tactics have been used in the NE as well. These people are literally a law unto themselves. Soldiers are not. The decision to involve them was political not military in areas where there just aren't enough personnel. NE, hilly country, Kashmir, mountain country, Tribal pak areas, same. Afghanistan literally means land of mountains. Very guerilla friendly

He is not probably not talking about something as trivial as the stone pelters. He is talking about the atrocities committed there against people in their own homes, but will never see the mainstream media. A few colleagues at my former workplace who were from Kashmir have told us during some informal chats that there are a lot of atrocities committed there against innocent people (both Muslims and Hindus) especially in the smaller towns and villages. They didn't have a good opinion of the police in particular.
The english kashmiri press is pro-separatist, you will hear anything that happens there amplified ten fold, distorted and misleading on purpose. This only feeds into national press where if one bullet gets fired every Indian will hear about it. Can't miss it. Now compare that with how our neighbours deal with the same issue

See, what i don't hear too much about is what militants do there. That part gets under reported because it comes with a quick death sentence so the media knows not to push too far. When it comes to kashmir i've found over the years i always got inconsistent reporting. LSTV has done a good job here with people experienced with the area and more candid.

Sometimes things get blurted out but just see how quickly he recanted, Can't slam the separatists. Not only the media, even the politicians there are afraid of them. Sajjad Lone's Dad was shot for coming close to us. These people have no problem brainwashing any number of innocents while their own clan is safe and goes to good schools

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...paratists-goes-viral/articleshow/64452578.cms

There is no smoke without fire. At the very least you are talking about stone pelters. The govt in the time will do what ever is necessary to keep control. Not a lot different from what the British did to the people fighting for India's independence.

I support the govt policy of all out which is finding and elliminating militants. I don't see the argument that people who protect these types are allowed to get away. if they put themselves in between the two they will get hurt. That is the message the govt is trying to drive home. Attacking the state isn't something to aspire to and does not come free of cost.

I don't see where the question of independence comes from. How can we be invaders and occupiers of our own country ? When Modi sidelined the separatists in 2015, it amazed me why this wasn't done earlier. Why were we even talking to people who want to separate. And soon after they showed us what we were up against. We are taking charge of our country and not allowing others to dictate what we do. The very essence of independence. We are standing up for it.

When it comes to dealing with insurgents we are no different than the Brits. The idea then and now is to hit them hard over the head and then teach them to play the piano. Ex militants get into politics. See the age of the militants and stone pelters these days. Early twenties, teens and even pre-teens. Those older than that know there isn't a future if they follow this path

Last edited:
Back