What to buy from the London?

AMG

Skilled
So I have a cousin going to London.
Just wondering if there's anything cheap that is worth asking him to get for me.

Europe is expensive in general. UK is right now in the pits because of the mess with Brexit.. most businesses have gone into a wait and watch mode trying to cut exposure on inventories etc

So I have a cousin going to London.
Just wondering if there's anything cheap that is worth asking him to get for me.
Stayed in London for 6 months in 2018.
Nothing comes cheap, even Oneplus phones are 6-7k costlier there.
The only time I found a few items cheaper were during the black friday week.

As fellow members said, all electronic items are cheaper in India than UK.

One thing that might work in your favor is the VAT refund option.
If your cousin won't be visiting London again anytime soon, he can actually claim a refund of VAT paid for all the items purchased during the trip.
You need to mention during the purchase that you are going to apply for VAT refund, they will give you an additional VAT refund form along with bill during the purchase.
UK VAT is 20% on most on the items, refund processing agency takes their cut as processing charges, so you'll get an approximate refund of 13% on the bill.
This can be processed in Heathrow while leaving UK.

>> http://www.globalblue.com/tax-free-shopping/uk/
>> http://www.globalblue.com/tax-free-shopping/refund-calculator/

I remember in 2015 during black friday (cyber monday actually) i got HP envy 13 laptop (i5-6500U skylake, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, FHD IPS) for Rs. 60k for my sis in UK, when normal price was 70k in UK and in india it was 85k :D that was a good deal i thought.[DOUBLEPOST=1552649161][/DOUBLEPOST]Dell XPS 13 with same specs was around 1lakh plus in india at that time

I remember in 2015 during black friday (cyber monday actually) i got HP envy 13 laptop (i5-6500U skylake, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, FHD IPS) for Rs. 60k for my sis in UK, when normal price was 70k in UK and in india it was 85k :D that was a good deal i thought.[DOUBLEPOST=1552649161][/DOUBLEPOST]Dell XPS 13 with same specs was around 1lakh plus in india at that time
XPS13 still is way cheaper in UK.
Fully loaded model retails for around £1750 ~ 1.5L, similar model retails for around 2L here in India.
Similar price difference in all high end laptops.

My only worry would be UK keyboard layout, specially if you are a programmer, some symbol keys are interchanged (", @ etc )and will be a big headache.

My only worry would be UK keyboard layout, specially if you are a programmer, some symbol keys are interchanged (", @ etc )and will be a big headache.

Yes keyboard layout is an issue, but in OS if you pick US/IN keyboard the keys work in same expected location, just the markings are off.

Back