What software firewall you use in windows ?

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
using Comodo Internet security premium v8.xx in window 7 x64. which acting weird for some time.
Planning to find out if any better/light on resource is available.
using older version of comodo as i hate the new UI, .. pleases suggest if i must upgrade it & continue using comodo.

I like the integrated AV with comodo.
but sometime regardless the settings it tend to block explorer itself while booting :p , and a reboot or restarting explorer from task manager will fix that.

my requirement is to control which software connects internet, which allowed to access LAN only & which are not allowed any network access. Build in AV would be awesome , as i don't want to install two different security software.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
Why use something terrible like comodo when all you simply need is Netlimiter. I used to use it thoroughly to create rules for each and every service, process and program. One hell of utility. It also detects automatically what service or process is accessing internet and you can block it or limit bandwidth. You can deeply customize it.

Is the newer Netlimiter (v4 ?) as good, i remember they were rewriting stuff, is it as good as the older one? was planning to buy it then dropped for some reason

I have old ver 3.xx used it for a year when my isp bandwidth was limited and win 7 kept sucking at every internet activity... suspicious invisible activities. To detect i opted for Netlimiter and it didnt laid me down even a bit. It got aio solution under it.
Donno hows new version though, it has been years i used it last.

^ just make sure to whitelist regular apps that needs updating like adobe flash player etc. This absolutely blocks everything including windows update unless you whitelist it.

Back