What Power Bank you use ?

raksrules

Elite
What Power Bank you use ?
How is your experience with it ?

I have previously used New Trent (bought from USA) but it was not great quality. The power bank died after few cycles and would not hold charge. Also one of the USB ports would not accept any other cable except its own (after few uses). Not sure why.
As of now using a small non branded one which my brother got from his work location. I think it is under 2000mAh or around capacity.

I had ordered ambrane 10400 mAh one but felt it was not really as portable as I would want a power bank to be. So returned it.
Now looking for another one which is lower in capacity and portable in size.

I am using ambrane 10400 mAh. Its a decent one. Hey, any powerbank with high capacity will be bulky due to the increasing size of battery.

I am using this bank with USb fan for my kid, when power goes off. It works good. The charge percent it shows on screen it not accurate. It reduces slowly till 50% and then drastically drops. I was able to charge it over 4 times for my Moto e (2000mah) with fully charged ambrane bank.

Sony power banks ( 5000 mAh)are large but thinner compared to ambrane & xiomi ones.
I held one recently and it was portable enough.

I bought this Technotree powerbank off Shopclues for 499 bucks and it's been working fine for close to year now. Capacity mentioned was 4200 mAh, which I highly doubted but bought anyway as it was cheap. However, I found out to my surprise that it did manage to charge my GNex just over 2 times (battery of GNex is 1750 mAh) before running out. Also charged the tab (4200 battery) full and my sister too found it very close to its claimed capacity when she was out traveling for close to a month. It might still charge my RedMi 1s (2050 mAh) twice over from zero but I haven't had the chance to test it.

As for size, these two pics should speak for themselves.

1Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg

It is very nimble!

@eternoMind
Yeah that size is very good. I have seen one anker 5600mAh one close to that size.

And yes more capacity means more bulk. Hence I am now not seeking those 10400 mAh ones but instead lesser sizes. Too bad not all anker power banks are available to ship to India through amazon.com.

Has anyone tried Anker power banks ? Amazon.com seems to have very good reviews across the board for this brand power banks.

Just yesterday I bumped into Anker PBs after Mi 5200mah went out of stock on Fk . Anker seems good but no indian sellers have it.

Recently got Xiaomi 10400Mah powerbank for my phone. It is so much more convenient than AC charger that i exclusively use this to charge my MI3 :D

That said, with this kind of usage (Full charge and discharge twice a week), what kind of lifespan can i expect from the Mi Bank? I've heard they don't last much :/

Xiaomi 10400 mAh here as well. On my recent trip to Sikkim it charged my Nexus 7 2013 + my Xperia Z and + my sister's galaxy s3. Can't ask for anymore for something that cost me less than 1k! :)

I actually returned my Ambrane one as I felt no use at the moment. But I will buy one soon albeit small capacity mostly.
Is Xiaomi one heavier or lighter than Ambrane p1000 ?

Its pretty much light than Ambrane and easy to carry. But I liked the digital display on Ambrane which reads the amps. Temptates me!!:p

Its pretty much light than Ambrane and easy to carry. But I liked the digital display on Ambrane which reads the amps. Temptates me!!:p
The display only tells you which port is being used for charging the connected device. It does not show the actual current being drawn. To see that, you would need something like the Charger Doctor or Kill-A-Watt

True what @hotshot05 said. Also that percentage is totally way off so do not ever rely on that.
Btw anyone used the 5200 mAh one from Xiaomi. I don't really see need of the big one so i may get the smaller one.

The display only tells you which port is being used for charging the connected device. It does not show the actual current being drawn. To see that, you would need something like the Charger Doctor or Kill-A-Watt
Where to buy charge doctor

Back