Storage Solutions What is the best 3TB/ 4TB Internal HDD on the market right now?

Stay away from 3tbs, they are known for crashing a lot. All the drive in this capacity 3-4 tbs are slow for a primary drive . 4 tb from Seagate is a 5900rpm one and is the most reliable 4tb in the market.

I'm using 6 WD HDDs and 2 SSD on my desktop had no problems so far.. But my External Segate Hard drives failed 4 times in last 3 years so No-No to them.
Get a fast SSD and a WD Black 4TB if you need speedy access to project/large files.

Getting 2x 2tbs make more sense, Seagate sv35 and wd video/purple drives seem to last a bit more and are not overpriced like wd red or wd black.

I still use good old 500s and 320s and they are simply best!
Not ever thinking of upgrading to 2tb+ unless they are stable and going for long time.

1tb x 2 solution will be ideal.

@letmein Stay away from ST3000DM001 (Seagate 3TB). mine failed last week in just 2 years. it was used as a backup drive.(barely used).
i am also in market for a 3/4TB HDD.let me know which one you are planning to buy .

i would suggest WD purple / Green if budget is tight. Or else WD Red, and if you know where to buy you can def get it cheaper than most of the places.

BTW, I ended up buying a Seagate 2TB from ebay and used a 10% off coupon.

And I've read that the WD Purple are not to be relied on for dumping data.

Back