What is design?

Deathdart

Disciple
Hey,

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this to, but here goes.

I'm trying to find out everyone's views on design for my own knowledge. :p This includes designers and non-designers. I intend to study the feedback I get from people, draw conclusions from it and publish it on my website. :)

So, in a few lines, please write down what design means to you! :) Feel free to write whatever you think!

Thanks,

Abhay

something that can lead the senses to the point/ item of interest, follows both form and function.

- interpret at will :D PM if confused

Patterns in order and symmetry...
Recognising or creating one requires various levels of brain processing power depending on design itself... :)

I think you ask it from a graphic designer or artist's perspective.

In this case I believe it to be a: A shape that is comprehensible to a human mind. it also means that one man's design could be another man's piece of sh*t

Please note that "Comprehensible" is the key word here.

offtopic:

Hi Abhay, was happily going thru fluidcore.net, untill I saw sony walkman logo, and then your fluidcore logo, and again sony walkman logo, and I turned sad.

@mihirX: Yeah there is some similarity there, but I feel the fluidCORE symbol goes well with the name and serves it's purpose, don't you? ;)

@linuxtechie : lol you can post your views on Software design as well, I believe even that has the same base as graphic, industrial, fashion etc. design :)

Back