What does this mean ? [USPS tracking]

What does this mean ? [USPS tracking]

This is regarding a consignment traveling from US to INDIA ***

The current status is ..........

Customs Clearance

Your item is being processed by customs in INDIA at 2:42 pm on April 12, 2012.

Does this means that the item is cleared from customs or its stuck
down.gif

^ It means it has reached India and is under customs clearance. It might take 3-4 days for this. Was this sent by USPS Express Mail? Or Priority Mail?

If u have a purchase invoice then u can contact them for calculating the custom duty.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Use the tracking number on this website:
Code:
http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/

Now it is showing this

4/13/2012 4:41:00 PM INDIA BANGALORE SUB FGN POST Return item from customs (Inb)

If u have a purchase invoice then u can contact them for calculating the custom duty.

https://tools.usps.c...s=CG078429795US my package took more than 10 days to clear.. though i got it on 12th anyways.

what does this mean ?

Return item from customs (Inb) and the location is Bangalore Now , does this means it got cleared from customs ?

Typically for me, the tracking status is as follows -

Received at Office of Exchange

Send Item to Customs

Receive Item from Customs -> Cleared by Customs

Send item to Domestic Location

When it gets stuck at customs, typically

Record Item customs information (Retention reason: other) appears in between 'Send to Customs' and 'Return from Customs'

https://tools.usps.c...s=CG078429795US my package took more than 10 days to clear.. though i got it on 12th anyways.

Oh thats bad
<
, its better than not getting lost
<

mine looks like it got cleared as it shows that item is received in Bangalore hub from customs delhi .............

Typically for me, the tracking status is as follows -

Received at Office of Exchange

Send Item to Customs

Receive Item from Customs -> Cleared by Customs

Send item to Domestic Location

When it gets stuck at customs, typically

Record Item customs information (Retention reason: other) appears in between 'Send to Customs' and 'Return from Customs'

oh oh ....... it may be stuck at customs then
<
, lets see after 2-3 days .................

how to contact ?

oh oh ....... it may be stuck at customs then
sad.gif
, lets see after 2-3 days .................

No! Once it says "Returned from Customs", you are fine as it indicates the item has been cleared. Since my customs clearance is done at Chennai and I am in Coimbatore, I get "Send Item to domestic location". But not sure if you would get that if both clearance and delivery are done in the same city. You might get it on Monday
<

The only thing you need to worry about is if it shows "Send to Customs", but not "Return from Customs" - which means it's stuck with customs.

No! Once it says "Returned from Customs", you are fine as it indicates the item has been cleared. Since my customs clearance is done at Chennai and I am in Coimbatore, I get "Send Item to domestic location". But not sure if you would get that if both clearance and delivery are done in the same city. You might get it on Monday
happy19.gif

The only thing you need to worry about is if it shows "Send to Customs", but not "Return from Customs" - which means it's stuck with customs.

I stay in Mangalore and I think they will change it to "Send Item to domestic location" when it leaves from bangalore !!!!!

You can call to 1800-11-2011 which is the international mail customer care number of INDIAPOST.

Thanks for the information , I will call if it gets stuck for many days
<

Back