Graphic Cards What custom duty will I incur for used GTX 980

captivating

Disciple
Hi my friend will be sending his GTX 980 as a duty free gift . The card is used and I am aware I may incur custom duty on it . Any one aware of how much custom duty I need to pay.? Please help

its 20+ plus because it comes under computer accessory.
value will be decided as local market price.customs people maintain lists as per market.

Hi my friend will be sending his GTX 980 as a duty free gift . The card is used and I am aware I may incur custom duty on it . Any one aware of how much custom duty I need to pay.? Please help
Be careful. Importing used electronics isn't allowed by law, afaik. Might very well get stuck at customs & you might need to "pay extra". Not sure if anyone sending it as a gift will change things. Just do your research on this.

Used electronics are banned and the customs guys are really serious about not allowing them in. A couple of my friends have had some real bad experiences of late. Don't bother with this. It will get stuck.

It will be stuck as this comes under offloading electronics waste in India. If he brings it in himself as luggage then its different. You will be fined and your card will most likely be sent back(had 10 desktops return to UK)

Back