What are the best good Mutual Fund management platforms?

So far, I have invested in Mutual Funds on Zerodha Coin as well as Kuvera.
Also made some investments in Smallcase.

A colleague of mine at work is also using Zerodha and smallcase. He is investing in 58 Mutual funds and stock of 335 companies. (mostly via smallcase).
Your colleague should cut down on his MF fund numbers. Most funds have the same company stock in their porrfolio. So he his paying for the same company again and again. There are utilities available online through which you can find out the duplicates in your portfolio.
A person should invest in maximum of 5 equity funds. (According to value research online/outlook money etc)

Your colleague should cut down on his MF fund numbers. Most funds have the same company stock in their porrfolio. So he his paying for the same company again and again. There are utilities available online through which you can find out the duplicates in your portfolio.
A person should invest in maximum of 5 equity funds. (According to value research online/outlook money etc)
Agree about not having too many funds. 5-7 is more than enough to cover most categories of funds. Are there utilities that show duplicate stocks held by the different mutual funds? This is something I've been thinking of doing manually to figure out what all I'm holding but if there's a utility for that, it would be perfect!

Agree about not having too many funds. 5-7 is more than enough to cover most categories of funds. Are there utilities that show duplicate stocks held by the different mutual funds? This is something I've been thinking of doing manually to figure out what all I'm holding but if there's a utility for that, it would be perfect!
http://fundpicker.thefundoo.com/Tools/PortfolioOverlap

https://freefincal.com/tool-compare-equity-mutual-fund-portfolios-updated-july-2017-edition/

If you have too many mutual funds, you are essentially owning the market.

And if you own the market, you can't beat it.

For research valueresearchonline.com

For management purchase MFUonline.com, here you can track all your prior MF folios irrespective of medium of investment.

You should get a monthly "Common Account Statement (eCAS)" email on your registered email id with details of all financial transactions along with current NAV values and other details.
That will have all fund details' summary.
I presume that the statement is linked to a single PAN number and email id.

Edit : The sender is "All Mutual Funds in India" and the sender email address "eCAS_MutualFunds@seshaasai.com" just in case the email ends up in your junk

Last edited:
I was referring to the stocks held by the various funds. I'm aware of all funds held by me due to the CAS. In fact it was very easy to switch over to Kuvera as its possible to upload the CAS onto their website and it shows all funds held on their site even if not purchased through them.

I am using it, specifically because of the direct plan option. Portal is decent, only thing missing for me right now is proper visualization and reporting. They keep adding features and enhancements often so hopefully this will be addressed soon.

Hi, need a little help. Just got confirmation email of the CAN. But now the email says I need to submit some CTF forms to MFU point of service.. what is this CTF? The link to these firms has multiple forms ... Does one need to submit multiple forms to transact?? Is this mandatory? How do I use the darn platform?

Why the fk do they make things so hard to get done and opened?? Thought getting the CAN and transacting was completely online with minimal back n forth.

Took a decision and put 30k in goalwise in growth fund. Hopefully 2019 bjp will be back and markets will keep growth. Will make it 150k by march.

Took a decision and put 30k in goalwise in growth fund. Hopefully 2019 bjp will be back and markets will keep growth. Will make it 150k by march.

MF's are not particularly suited for large lump sum investments. I would have spread the 30k across a few funds in multiple transactions or in multiple transactions in the same fund over a period of time.. this is because you can gain advantages by averaging of your price rather than just one big purchase. If the markets drop significantly (actually they're quite over heated at the moment) all your investment of 30k is exposed to the correction.

MF's also provide best returns over a period of 3-5 years. Time is the key ingredient. For horizons less than that, direct equity investments in select good quality stocks are more likely to be better return generators or liquid funds. Growth funds by their very nature need time.

But I'm sure you knew this already :)

MF's are not particularly suited for large lump sum investments. I would have spread the 30k across a few funds in multiple transactions or in multiple transactions in the same fund over a period of time.. this is because you can gain advantages by averaging of your price rather than just one big purchase. If the markets drop significantly (actually they're quite over heated at the moment) all your investment of 30k is exposed to the correction.

MF's also provide best returns over a period of 3-5 years. Time is the key ingredient. For horizons less than that, direct equity investments in select good quality stocks are more likely to be better return generators or liquid funds. Growth funds by their very nature need time.

it is spread automatically in 3 funds. yes i should have spread them out but no worries, this is for 2-3 years only. Should i withdraw now and wait for some big correction ?

I disagree with you. 30k is not a big amount and I don't think you should invest in multiple schemes. If you buy multiple schemes, your portfolio will have all index funds and you won't be able to beat the index. For 30k, I'll suggest a muticap fund for long term goal. I recommend having maximum of 4 mutual fund schemes in portfolio: liquid, small cap, mid cap and large cap, that's it. Liquid for goals less than 3 years and others for goals greater than 3 years based on your risk appetite.

I disagree with you. 30k is not a big amount and I don't think you should invest in multiple schemes. If you buy multiple schemes, your portfolio will have all index funds and you won't be able to beat the index. For 30k, I'll suggest a muticap fund for long term goal. I recommend having maximum of 4 mutual fund schemes in portfolio: liquid, small cap, mid cap and large cap, that's it. Liquid for goals less than 3 years and others for goals greater than 3 years based on your risk appetite.

Well that would depend on what one earnings are isn't it? To me 30k isn't exactly what one has often that's idle and can be invested.. I presume to most 30k is a decent amount. Irrespective, 30k to 150k in a year isn't gonna happen and for sure not in one single fund

When I said multiple funds I meant obviously diversification.. with up to 5/7 funds depending on individual preference with each find being of a different category.

For example I invest in 2 large/mid+small 2 multi cap 1 liquid and 1 sector fund. That's my personal preference that gives me the spread I prefer. I usually stick to fixed amounts every month but manually not through SIP except for 2 outperforming funds which accept only SIP. When needed or when I have excess liquidity I vary the spread a bit.

I am investing @ 20k/month via SIP across 6 Funds at the moment. Might invest in one or two more and top out @ 25k/month.

L&T Emerging Businesses Fund : Rs 6000/Month
L&T Midcap Fund : Rs 4000/Month
Invesco India Contra Fund : Rs 4000/Month
Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Fund : Rs 2000/Month
Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund : Rs 2000/Month
Reliance Smallcap Fund : Rs 2000/Month

Last edited:
^ Unless you are a very conservative investor or dont have age on your side; you should be investing more in the small/mid cap. That is where the returns (& risk) are.

Yes, I am planning to add 1 or 2 small caps more (Mostly SBI Smallcap and HDFC Smallcap) and make adjustments to the SIP's. Right now, the spread is 12k for Small/Mid and 8k for Multicap.
Once my home loan repayment is closed this year for which I am paying 32k EMI, I will increase the investment towards Mutual funds.

^ Unless you are a very conservative investor or dont have age on your side; you should be investing more in the small/mid cap. That is where the returns (& risk) are.

Well he only has small caps, mid caps and multi caps. Where else should he be investing?

I am investing @ 20k/month via SIP across 6 Funds at the moment. Might invest in one or two more and top out @ 25k/month.

L&T Emerging Businesses Fund : Rs 6000/Month
L&T Midcap Fund : Rs 4000/Month
Invesco India Contra Fund : Rs 4000/Month
Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Fund : Rs 2000/Month
Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund : Rs 2000/Month
Reliance Smallcap Fund : Rs 2000/Month
I feel your portfolio is very aggressive. But again it all depends on your risk appetite. I'll suggest don't clutter it by purchasing more schemes.

Yes, its intentional. I have some decent amount of funds set side in fixed deposits and also about 10+ lac build up each in PF & PPF. That's why I am investing in only Equity funds. Apart from above funds, I have started SIP in SBI Smallcap Fund and may add one more to make a total of 8. Will not go beyond that.

I also have invested about 70K in smallcase and stock.

Back