Audio Warranty on Sony Products bought from online stores

The Sony India website is down for maintenance right now, but I recall seeing in the "where to buy" pages references to "buy online from XYZ etc stores" I think it listed names like amazon, flipkart etc. I don't remember right now but maybe you can take a look at www.sony.co.in when it's back up online.[DOUBLEPOST=1427801651][/DOUBLEPOST]Here it is: http://www.sony.co.in/section/shop it looks like not the entire online websites are authorised just specific sellers listed on the page.[DOUBLEPOST=1427801716][/DOUBLEPOST]What kind of trouble (I just noticed you didn't specify) do you mean? Like warranty or delivery/quality issues? Warranty should be fine since they are listing the online sites on the "where to buy" page I would imagine?

On that page they have mentioned "Benefits like warranty may not be applicable for unauthorised sellers" :) so they probably will create problems for sellers not listed there.

I just bought a dictaphone (digital voice recorder) from Snapdeal. Before purchasing, I talked to the Sony showroom/service center. A person there said that as long as invoice is provided by one of the authorized resellers as per Sony India's site then no harm purchasing from online shopping sites. If you notice flipkart/snapdeal don't provide the invoices, rather it is provided by a specific reseller and Sony is concerned about that only. It does not matter whether you bought from brick-n-mortar stores or not. Actually you can buy from a physical store and still not get the warranty, if the retailer who provides the invoice is not authorized to deal with Sony.

AFAIK, there are two issues here.

1st is because of grey import, with no warranty in India. This is a real issue with headphones, bluetooth headsets. Sony India wont honour warranty.

2nd is due to idiots who dont want their dealers and distributers to lose their margins, Dell comes here. IDK if Sony has the same policies.

As long as it comes with VAT bill with seller CST and TIN number no problem with warranty.

I have bought 4 sony items(phones ps camera) online, only the camera shutter button gave problem changed free of charge under warranty.

flipkart, amazon, snapdeal all have authorized sony sellers, the ones who sell imported sony items its mentioned in the ad/ listing. Just be thorough, contact the seller by phone. eBay sellers always mention whether item comes with seller warranty or manufacturer warranty.

Grey market imports are not covered under warranty.

Back