Want to start cab business.

vikundefined

Disciple
Hi guys. I am a 25 year old guy who lives in delhi and currently working in BPO. I always wanted to do some kind of business but never really had the finance and the support needed to start something. I had few good business ideas in the past but they needed way to much money to get it started.
Long story short now i am thinking of getting into cab business, i know few people who started with just 1 cab and right now they own more than 4-5 cabs and earning good.
I am thinking of starting with maruti eco cng or dzire cng, my parents will loan me the money for the starting and i will repay them once i reach some stability in the business.
I don't have any background in transport business, so guys please help me out in this.
1) want kind permit i need for commercial transport.
2)which is the best company to work with (meru,taxiforsure,easy cabs etc).
3) how much money i need in the starting.
4) want kind of returns i can expect from this business.
Thanks

I would say that buy a used car. Get it registered as a commercial vehicle and get registered with uber. They pay incentives on each ride and i have heard drivers earning 3-5k daily. Yes you heard it right, daily. Once you get enough cash to buy a new car expand and keep working with uber till they are paying incentives and the demand of cabs from them is high. Once this uber bubble bursts, you ll have enough cars and investment to start your own tours and travels business. Also, don't forget to get ads pasted on your car. They will earn you 7-10k per month too.

Hope i helped.

Since you are in a BPO, i am assuming you have cab facility provided to you. Do some background research like talking to the driver and try to understand how things work. Also understand if uber/ola helps drivers get 90k pm why are cabs still driving for companies/call centers etc. You will learn a lot by just talking to the driver for 1hr!

Yes i have been talking to cab dirver's who owns their cab and they gave a positive feedback.
I want to know 1 more thing, i have come across a 2nd hand swift cng which is just 1 year old and in good condition but it dosen't have commercial plates. Now i wanna know that can i transfer pvt registered vehichle to a commercial one.?
Thanks

Out of curiosity, do meru, easy cabs etc use/borrow/work with the cars of other people/non-mainstream cabs? Because you said you wanted to START a cab business but you ask about working together with other cab companies? And 90k a month is so damn high.[DOUBLEPOST=1433501402][/DOUBLEPOST]Also since you are in Delhi how about cabs dedicated to working women there with 24x7 services?

This is one hell of a thread. Nice inputs. Will look forward for similar business in future.

But what if any uber type incidence happens or an accident? Does the car owner also comes in picture? Or is penalized or fined/jailed?

Usually problems like the Uber case happens when the company becomes huge and managing everything from tip to toe becomes difficult. I think it will be fine if its a small-medium independent company with responsible workers.

The biggest issue with cab business - accidents. As long as you are driving yourself it is OK. Once you start hiring drivers, the music begins! Imagine, the cab is registered to you/your company, there is an accident out station and the driver runs away (many times, they do). Money is decent (90k/month are exception, not average), but it can become a nightmare. Can you handle it? You don't have to answer - think about these aspects.

Ya. Today 99.5% drivers drink. And they even misbehave with customers. Also take our vehicle to their home zone and do malpractices. Transporting call girls, gambling, use car for their personal family use etc.
They dont even wash our car for days or even manage to shift gears properly, spill eatables on seats and around, dont care to slow down on bumpy roads and much more.

Thus maintenance cost shoots up and we have to bear it all.

So this is a gamble one has to go through.

Out of curiosity, do meru, easy cabs etc use/borrow/work with the cars of other people/non-mainstream cabs? Because you said you wanted to START a cab business but you ask about working together with other cab companies? And 90k a month is so damn high.[DOUBLEPOST=1433501402][/DOUBLEPOST]Also since you are in Delhi how about cabs dedicated to working women there with 24x7 services?
Thats a great idea. But if i am right in order to provide cabs dedicated to women i would need to start my own cab firm, because non of the company's like ola,meru,uber etc provide this kind of facility.
Whats your thought.

Ya. Today 99.5% drivers drink. And they even misbehave with customers. Also take our vehicle to their home zone and do malpractices. Transporting call girls, gambling, use car for their personal family use etc.
They dont even wash our car for days or even manage to shift gears properly, spill eatables on seats and around, dont care to slow down on bumpy roads and much more.

Thus maintenance cost shoots up and we have to bear it all.

So this is a gamble one has to go through.
Yes i am aware of that. Everyone i talk to about this says the same thing that cab business depends on the driver. If i can find good one's then making 90k is not a big deal. But thats the hard part where to find driver who drives responsibly, respect costumer, dosent drink while he is on duty.

I would suggest first look for a trustworthy driver. Someone who you know very well and are confident that he will not do anything wrong. Other than any issues arising out of road accidents, experienced drivers know all the work arounds to cheat their employers. And unfortunately quite a few do cheat their employers.

This is all from hearsay as I was myself thinking of entering this business 2 years back. Dropped it cause did not find a good driver.

Back