Audio Want suggestions for speakers for the range of 10k

Have narrowed down to swans m10's , logitech z-623 and HK soundsticks 3.. now really confused all of them have one or the other speciality :D any suggestions which to choose or suggest for any others which are better thsoe these 3.

if you are going to use the speakers for gaming and for watching movies too substantially, apart from listening to music, then choose one from either Z623 or soundsticks III. the swans M10 are more oriented towards cleaner music reproduction, than reproducing the kind of bass/lows which make gaming and movie-viewing feel & sound better.

if you are going to use the speakers for gaming and for watching movies too substantially, apart from listening to music, then choose one from either Z623 or soundsticks III. the swans M10 are more oriented towards cleaner music reproduction, than reproducing the kind of bass/lows which make gaming and movie-viewing feel & sound better.

I was going for all 3 :( I guess I am going towards soundsticks 3. And surprise surprise, I am buying tomorrow 100% ! so guys please give suggestions or I guess it's sounsticks 3. Will try em and if I don't like em, will get the refund as amazon rocks <3

edit: bought HK soundsticks from amazon.in, i hope i like em.. otherwise i will give them back

Last edited:
btw I am a n00b.. always wondered, what sound cards does to speakers? does it get the potiential up? won't just a normal cheap sound card combined with great system like sp2500 will do the trick?

Switching to xonar dx i noticed that the sound was more clear, the bass had more impact and the speakers sounded more 3d than before. I have also used xonar dg and they seemed to have made no difference in the sound quality. A good set of speakers will sound great with onboard audio but if you want them to perform at its best then you need a good audio source.

should be subjective (esp. with music). some people might not notice any difference between onboard audio (i.e., the present chips, which've improved) and a sound card's output on usual desktop speakers or budget headphones, while some do notice a significant difference. the difference should become more noticeable as the medium gets better, ie, with better audio-gear. but its true that a sound card uses better components, and the DAC is said to be better over the onboard chip's. i for one could hear a vast difference, esp. in games & movies (had tested BF3 and a couple of movies; with music too, the difference was quite noticeable to me), on my discrete 5 channels-headphones and 8k 5.1 speakers-system.

Last edited:
Back