Vodafone Prepaid - any way to disable the balance summary after each call?

A big NO.
In old phony days I wanted to disable those flash smses by operators though then nobody even thought about it and I was helpless.

BTw in initial days of mobile---early 2000s there wasnt any such facility to display call/sms/data bal on screen after usage and we have to manually check by dialing the ussd etc for how much we got charged etc. And some noobie customers use to come crying at service gallery stating we didnt make calls and our balance exhausted we want our refund.
It was owing to these incidents cos came with this idea to immediately present you with the available bal/usage after each sessions....dont cry a month later cry at very same moment!!

My unlimited voice - data plan got over and Idea was cutting some 20-30 paise from my balance every day on the pretext of data charges even though mobile data was switched off. I turned off volte and those charges stopped. So imo, leaving it on is a good choice to know where your money is being deducted.

If you want to switch it off, search for operator messages or something. I don't have iphone so cannot say what setting. Probably no way to stop those since its an iphone and their way of allowing to use the phone is different.

I'm using android with airtel, can we stop this on android?

Seems like either in Android 8.x or MIUI that setting was removed. I can't find that setting now. It comes under operator messages or something. Probably it could be related to cell broadcasts or wireless alerts.
bah. EVen Google is increasingly closing down android system.

What do you mean?
Means Google is going the Apple way by removing features quietly and making it more hard for us to personalize the system.

Maybe you've heard of Google giving an ultimatum to sms backup and phone audio recording app developers to compulsorily make their app target Android Pie. Thing is, in Android Pie, those sms and call recording options are not there in default apps.
So to target Android Pie, those app developers have to take permission from Google and write them a letter asking for those permissions.
And Google is by default not allowing these app developers permission to record calls or backup sms saying those permissions are not required by those apps for working. In Android, if you don't explicitly add those permissions during compiling the app, the app will just throw errors and will not work. So Google is killing all such sms and call recording apps now for some reason. Deadline is this November I think.

ACR call recorder, SMS Backup and restore, etc all app developers have been denied permissions and told to take a hike by Google. All of these are top grossing apps and very well known. So you see where this is going. Today sms and calls, tomorrow, something else.
Edit: Seems even wifi is being throttled starting Pie.

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-restriction-sms-call-log-permissions/
https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/9wekm4/discussion_why_did_google_remove_internet/
https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/9w2cq6/google_is_taking_away_smsmms_and_call/
https://www.xda-developers.com/android-pie-throttling-wi-fi-scans-crippling-apps/

Last edited:
Hmm. Not a matter of concern for someone like me who uses rooted custom rom.:cool:
great so now you are limited only to manufacturers that agree to unlock the bootloader for the Indian variant.

The point is you should not have to run a custom rom to get features that were already available earlier !

Hmm. Not a matter of concern for someone like me who uses rooted custom rom.:cool:

I think you missed the point. it's not whether you're using a custom rom or not. If you install the play store or gapps as its called on your custom rom, you wont get these apps because google won't allow those apps to be published. The only other way is to search on Fdroid or some other app store. How many app stores are out there like the Play store though?

Means Google is going the Apple way by removing features quietly and making it more hard for us to personalize the system.

Maybe you've heard of Google giving an ultimatum to sms backup and phone audio recording app developers to compulsorily make their app target Android Pie. Thing is, in Android Pie, those sms and call recording options are not there in default apps.
So to target Android Pie, those app developers have to take permission from Google and write them a letter asking for those permissions.
And Google is by default not allowing these app developers permission to record calls or backup sms saying those permissions are not required by those apps for working. In Android, if you don't explicitly add those permissions during compiling the app, the app will just throw errors and will not work. So Google is killing all such sms and call recording apps now for some reason. Deadline is this November I think.

ACR call recorder, SMS Backup and restore, etc all app developers have been denied permissions and told to take a hike by Google. All of these are top grossing apps and very well known. So you see where this is going. Today sms and calls, tomorrow, something else.
Edit: Seems even wifi is being throttled starting Pie.

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-restriction-sms-call-log-permissions/
https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/9wekm4/discussion_why_did_google_remove_internet/
https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/9w2cq6/google_is_taking_away_smsmms_and_call/
https://www.xda-developers.com/android-pie-throttling-wi-fi-scans-crippling-apps/

Isn't this a good thing? Many apps by default request a ton of permissions, which they never need at all. Developers of these shady apps are the prime targets here. I know that a lot of very useful apps are getting affected in this process, but I guess there would be some revisions or modifications in Google's policies soon enough.

Isn't this a good thing? Many apps by default request a ton of permissions, which they never need at all. Developers of these shady apps are the prime targets here. I know that a lot of very useful apps are getting affected in this process, but I guess there would be some revisions or modifications in Google's policies soon enough.

Shady app makers want all permissions. If we think like that then why only sms and phone permissions? Take away all permissions like phone id, internet, contacts, etc. Shady apps use internet permissions to abuse the persons phone by downloading more shady apps into the system. Why allow internet by default to all apps then? Why apps from big companies have been allowed like Amazon, Idea, Vodafone etc to read bank otp sms? Isn't that shady? Google is acting like an evil monopoly now. They aren't going to change anytime soon. Look at Youtube channel creators who had their channels demonetized just because some bot at google felt like it. It takes months to even get some human in email convos there and they give the same copy paste replies without even looking at the video in question. Google knows that Youtube and Play Store are in a dominant place with no other known alternatives and that they can get away with such tactics. What's more they say in the email that if you don't like it go to another place. This is how they look at their app developers and youtube content creators. They forgot that due to small people like these they have become so huge.

Edit: I think we are crapping all over the OP's thread and all these replies should be moved to another thread.

I think you missed the point. it's not whether you're using a custom rom or not. If you install the play store or gapps as its called on your custom rom, you wont get these apps because google won't allow those apps to be published. The only other way is to search on Fdroid or some other app store. How many app stores are out there like the Play store though?
If Google decides to suck like apple then its the most suckiest decision ever.
I believe in reverse engineering and hack stuff and surely they will come up with something suitable. Btw custom roms have inbuilt features so no crawling in play store. My rom has inbuilt call recording and what not so I hardly use play store for needy tools or utilities.

Last edited:
great so now you are limited only to manufacturers that agree to unlock the bootloader for the Indian variant.

The point is you should not have to run a custom rom to get features that were already available earlier !
Seems you are new to root. You can flash roms from cross variants as far it was tested. I dont rely on specific country based rom in fact apart from the stock rom whatever rooted roms I have tried they were all from other countries and cross-compatible variants.
Best is I never ever use phones on stock roms, once warranty over I tune it the way I want. Phones have gone dead 100+ times and back to new life.
Right now using another country specific rom & it doesn't matter as far as its English & most importantly with inbuilt features for which I need not beg to Google or search elsewhere.

Also, there is something called as porting wbetween roms & apps so everything is taken care.

Lastly whats the harm using custom rom? Dont we mod pcs, ps, cars, gadgets & gizmos?

Last edited:
Back