Visiting Mumbai need help on staying

ashish

Adept
Guys me & my wife are planning to visit Mumbai for 2 nights stay.

We plan to stay on western suburbs between Bandra & Andheri or 1-2 stations here and there as thats the are where all sight-seeing & spotting goes from Borivali national park to beaches, gateway, marine drive etc.

Budget: Can spend max 1.5k /2k per night
Locality Shouldn't be in or near to slums etc.
Commuting: Local is best. Ola/Uber is handy secondary.

I'm unable to spot a good budget hotel on either goibibo or even trivago as there lots of confusion.
We only need room from 9 pm to 9 am just for sleeping and morning refreshment purpose as during day and late evenings will be spent roaming around the city.

Oyo came to my mind and seems they got some real descent rooms but only if we book a day before or so the prices are way too cheap (1.2k-1.5k) & when trying to book in advance the prices sour double or more. I cant risk and gamble at the last moment.

Mumbaikars here can you please recommend some good hotels to stay.

If someone who has his own secondary house lying around will also do.
If someone is willing to accommodate us as a PG as well will do.
Of course will pay them accordingly.

I don't think you'll find anything worthwhile or decent under 2k, especially in those areas. 2-3k might still be doable, but even then Airbnb would be your best bet. Stick to looking through it I would say.

If the budget is low, why not check in with some budget hotels like OYO and FAB hotels. Checkout the ratings and do not expect anything fancy. Happy stay in Mumbai and in case you are planning to come in the next few weeks, carry your umbrellas.

There are quite a few budget hotels at Colaba. The rooms won't be great, but you'll be very well located, with most of the tourist destinations within walking distance.

Oyo is good while Fab has very selective areas covered which arent that convenient.
I have raised my budget a bit ad will go for airbnb.

He should very well opt for airbnb where such spy cam shit wont occur.
Also we have techniques to check if such cams have been fitted or not.

Try this one

CHATEAU WINDSOR HOTEL
86 Veer Nariman Road, Churchgate, Mumbai-400020. India.

Next to Ambassador hotel/close to church gate. The vibe is very old school. Friendly staff. No bus boys with fake accents and practiced smiles. Clean towels and bedsheets.

I had stays there long ago. If they are still in operation, I would suggest you check them out.

Another one is sea green. Also close by. I haven't stayed there though.

Back