Video Videocon D2H Hd or Tata sky Hd ..Please help me decide

rathi

Recruit
1) number of hd channels must
2) monthly subscription charges should be the 500....
3) most important: sound 5.1 output

Please suggest which provider to go for?

More channels - Videocon
Cheaper packages - Videocon
5.1 sound, I do not know about Videocon, but Tata Sky supports it provided the channel has it

Recently switched from Tata Sky HD to Videocon. Couldn't be happier. Other than a few UI quirks, its far better than tata sky in every way.

I am using Tata Sky since last 5 years and all has been good including their service.
Only con is their channel packages are a bit on the costlier side.

Others can tell you more on the videocon part though.

Videocon Cheap and best using the service since last 6 months
No Buffer and No issues in transmission..
TataSky is Expensive
Videocon Setup box will fetch u for less than 1700 bucks if u find a good deal

I am using videocon d2h since past 6 months and it is working fine. No issues whatsoever *touchwood*.
I don't need HD channels and don't watch sports channels so I was till now on the cheapest 200 Rs package (now increased to 220 Rs).
Later I added the English entertainment package which cost me 62 Rs per month.
I would recommend Videocon D2H. Their installation was also very fast and service has been very good.
I cannot comment on service during rains as I am yet to experience it.

1) number of hd channels must
2) monthly subscription charges should be the 500....
3) most important: sound 5.1 output

Please suggest which provider to go for?

On all 3 counts. Videocon D2H. I am using it for a few months and can vouch for PQ, SQ. Most number of HD channels and all the channels broadcast with 5.1 have 5.1 sound through co-axial out. You can't go wrong with it.

If you want 5.1 through HDMI, you need to go with HDR. If you are OK with co-axial, HD Box is just fine.

I have been using videocon HD for more than a year. No issues so far. UI/channel switch lags a bit and the remote they give is bulky. Off-topic : can we replace the remote with slim one?

Back