Video editor for editing wedding videos

Discussion in 'Computer Software' started by CapriAnupam, May 14, 2017.

1. CapriAnupam

CapriAnupam Well-Known Member
    Adept

Hi all, my friend is a professional photographer and videographer who shoots weddings. He works solo.

Till now, he has been using an old PC with P-IV, and Windows XP, and uses Pinnacle 9/12 to edit wedding videos. Pinnacle 9 had a whole lot of Indian wedding effects, which are not there in 12.

Pinnacle 9 is now very very old, and also doesn't work with HD videos.

My friend plans to buy a new PC later this year, with latest configuration, and he also plans to buy a full HD video camera.

He will need a video editor to edit the videos shot with that video camera.

Are there any professional wedding videographers or studio members here, who can tell what video editor is being used currently for mixing wedding videos? Something which can be used on a single PC.

If anyone has any knowledge of such video editors, please post, will be appreciated.

We had gone to one shop, and there he was saying of using Avid, but we didn't ask which version of Avid, or the software name.

2. hardyieks

hardyieks Member
    Disciple

Yo....
    Although I am no Pro,
    But As Far As I Know,
    Adobe Premiere Pro
    or Final Cut Pro
    Should Get The Job Done Bro!

:facepalm:

vaibhavyagnik, Vagabond, aok and 3 others like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    CapriAnupam

Adept

Thank you.

Any more replied would be appreciated.

4. dissel

dissel Well-Known Member
    Adept

Just for curiosity what is Indian wedding effects - Is it Video FX or Video Filter Like Black White or Old Flim Effects etc ?

5. OP
    OP
    CapriAnupam

Adept

It's video fx.

6. dissel

dissel Well-Known Member
    Adept

Well - Then I like to metion Sony Vegas Pro (used ver 13) - It got plenty of Effects and Video FX option. Very less learning curve - Run smothly on basic i3 machine with Intigrated Graphics quite well.

7. OP
    OP
    CapriAnupam

Adept

Thank you for the suggestion :).

8. vishalrao

vishalrao Global Moral Police
    Veteran

Have you tried any of the open source video editors like OpenShot, KDEnlive? Of course, keep separate backups of your original media files on separate disks before experimenting! :D

9. OP
    OP
    CapriAnupam

Adept

No, haven't tried that.

Thing is, he is a professional, and I was more interested in video editors that are professionally used by photo studios, or professionals involved in this profession in India.

10. meetdilip

meetdilip Well-Known Member
    Adept

It is just like Photoshop and GIMP. You will get less addons, templates etc

#10 meetdilip, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  11. dissel

dissel Well-Known Member
    Adept

12. vivek.krishnan

vivek.krishnan Error Code 451
    Veteran

Depends. I would say Indian wedding effects are those where you use all sorts of cheesy corny effects over which the ladies go wow :p

dissel likes this.
  13. erikaflower

erikaflower New Member
    Disciple

Hmm maybe look through this list? I think there are several options for free video editing programs if you don't want Premiere Pro :DHas a nice pros and cons list that you'll probably find useful :)

14. OP
    OP
    CapriAnupam

Adept

Thanks for the list, but he will prefer a video editor used by professionals.

15. RamSai

RamSai Member
    Disciple

16. vivek.krishnan

vivek.krishnan Error Code 451
    Veteran

A majority of the pros who are using Adobe softwares prefer to use Premiere Pro. Having used it myself, I would suggest to go for it. You can design your own effects.

17. TigerKing

TigerKing Member
    Disciple

Which video editors youtubers use to edit YouTube videos? Or create videos??

18. OP
    OP
    CapriAnupam

Adept

Thank you for the suggestions everyone :).

19. OP
    OP
    CapriAnupam

Adept

We went to a local shop here, which sells video editing software for videography professionals like my friend.. and he suggested getting the Pinnacle Studio 20, which supports 4K videos as well. So, most likely, we will be going for that. It has many effects for Indian weddings included too, like Pinnacle Studio 9.

Other software which is being used by professionals here is Avid Liquid, but he told that it doesn't support the HD format.

20. ssslayer

ssslayer Well-Known Member
    Adept