Graphic Cards Very confused between GTX 1060 3GB or 6GB. Need advice

With debit card also they are asking for 2% extra charge

Hmm, you could write a bearer's cheque but only a known dealer will take it. Debit cards shouldn't attract a charge, just bought a 30k monitor through debit. But depends on the dealer. Try some other shops? It's unlikely that all of them will pass off a 20k sale for 1-2% extra.

For 1080p Gaming & Future Proofing:

Buy the Sapphire RX470 8GB Nitro+ OC @ 20.5k from SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD RADEON RX 470 8GB DDR5 NITRO+ OC

First off, I will say that my decision was based on three things:
1) Future Proofing
2) Price to Performance
3) 1080p Gaming

If you compare the reference specs of the two cards, you see that the RX 470 has only ~89% of the specs of the RX 480.

However, thanks to Sapphire's customizing, that percentage gets bumped up to ~93% with the Nitro+ models. That's because Sapphire has increased the base clock and the memory speed, and thus the memory bandwidth --and they've done a better job with the 470 percentage wise, than with the 480. And that 4% bump is a game changer when you look at the cost.

294d231fdd57c1bf1810351979511781.jpg

i don't think anyone needs 8GB vram for 1080p gaming lol .... which is what the rx470 and rx480 is targeted at ..... rx 480 4GB is best card in this range but it costs like 19.5k which is stupid it should not be more than 17.5k compared to US as it 200$ there and rx 470 should not be more than 15.5k as it is 180$ amd and it's board partners needs to fix their prices in India .... but they won't which is a shame.

Last edited:
This is the same thing that was said when cards moved from 2GB to 4GB, do you really need 4GB for 1080p gaming lol? The answer is same, you will need as much VRAM as you have. The games are getting bigger, with more complex shaders, effects and textures. Many games prefer to dump textures in vram than streaming them. Some of the games now which max out 4GB of VRAM:

- Shadow of Mordor, HD Texture Pack uses 6GB VRAM. It will run if you don't have it but will stream it from memory.
- Obduction, can use upto 7GB with Epic textures
- Black Ops 3, will use the whole 8GB at 1080 if available
- Deus Ex Mankind Divided with Ultra textures
- Rise of Tomb Raider on all max settings full SSAA
- Arkham Knight
- Lords of the Fallen with ultra textures

This is the same thing that was said when cards moved from 2GB to 4GB, do you really need 4GB for 1080p gaming lol? The answer is same, you will need as much VRAM as you have. The games are getting bigger, with more complex shaders, effects and textures. Many games prefer to dump textures in vram than streaming them. Some of the games now which max out 4GB of VRAM:

- Shadow of Mordor, HD Texture Pack uses 6GB VRAM. It will run if you don't have it but will stream it from memory.
- Obduction, can use upto 7GB with Epic textures
- Black Ops 3, will use the whole 8GB at 1080 if available
- Deus Ex Mankind Divided with Ultra textures
- Rise of Tomb Raider on all max settings full SSAA
- Arkham Knight
- Lords of the Fallen with ultra textures

u won't get 60 fps when switching these settings on rx 470..... gtx 1070 , 1080 can so they need 8GB vram.

You would get tangible improvements if the textures are present in the VRAM instead of having to stream them from storage. Less pop-in textures when streaming large texture files.

Running out of VRAM is like a slap in the face. It won't be as simple as low fps or texture pop-in (unless it's a Megatexture title) but rather drastic janky stuttering that even switching to low details won't get rid off (well maybe to lowest texture details).

A slow card with high VRAM can still run games with high textures and all other special effects disabled and end up with smooth framerates and decent graphics fidelity.
A slow card with low VRAM however will have to deal with muddy textures. And muddy textures are far more noticeable than a few less particle effects.

Actually in case of the RX 470, the 8GB card has faster 8GHz memory vs slower 6.6GHz memory in case of the 4GB versions. This makes the 8GB a bit faster even when the frame buffer is not full. That is also the reason for the reasonably large price differential.

Running out of VRAM is like a slap in the face. It won't be as simple as low fps or texture pop-in (unless it's a Megatexture title) but rather drastic janky stuttering that even switching to low details won't get rid off (well maybe to lowest texture details).

A slow card with high VRAM can still run games with high textures and all other special effects disabled and end up with smooth framerates and decent graphics fidelity.
A slow card with low VRAM however will have to deal with muddy textures. And muddy textures are far more noticeable than a few less particle effects.

but it is not worth the price difference of 3-4k

change that psu ASAP its a bad PSU with cheap components, i have seen this psu failing ....... if you are planning to overclock the cpu then get minimum corsair cx550 or if you can spend more get cx550m or cs550m ..... remember psu is most important component of a pc its responsible for the power of every component don't cheap out on psu unless the psu will fail or worse will take others components with it.

change that psu ASAP its bad PSU with cheap components plz recommend i have seen this psu failing ....... if you are planning to overclock the cpu then get minimum cx550 or if you can spend more get cx550m or cs550m ..... remember psu is most important component of a pc its responsible for the power of every component don't cheap out on psu unless the psu will fail or worse will take others components with it.
I am using this PSU from last 2 yrs and thanks God nothing bad happened....I think I was lucky...Is Corsair vs 650 good as I think that is cheapest 650 on market at 4200/rs

Back