Storage Solutions USB Flash Drive - Benchmark thread

PNY M1 Attache 8GB

Price: 330/- shipped from Flipkart

pnym1attachetest.jpg

No one has posted benchmarks for Corsair drives (larger then 4GB)? The write speeds on most of the cheaper drives is pathetic save Transcend
<
and Corsair. Sandisk is the worst of the lot, even I have a cheapo Sandisk lying around somewhere will test and upload the results.

No one has posted benchmarks for Corsair drives (larger then 4GB)? The write speeds on most of the cheaper drives is pathetic save Transcend
<
and Corsair. Sandisk is the worst of the lot, even I have a cheapo Sandisk lying around somewhere will test and upload the results.

i have the corsair flash voyager 16gb.. will post a shot in the evening.. and one more thing.. i am not sure, but i have noticed that the practical speeds that we get are always lower than the benchmark tests.. has anyone else observed a similar thing???

i havent benchmarked my corsair through some software.. but i will just give the real practical speeds that i get..

File system: NTFS

Read: 25 to 28 MBPS

Write: 16 to 20 MBPS.

these are actual speeds that i get on my friends vaio. intel processor.

on my HP dv6, i get 25 MBPS read, and about 16 to 17 MBPS write speeds..
<
dont know why my computer gives a lower speed. cant find a way to optimize it..

and this is in Windows 7.. for some reason in windows XP the write speeds do not go more than 11 MBPS and read doesnt go more than 13 to 14 MBPS.. maybe its just the older system on which i have XP .maybe its something else.. i dont know.. someone here has indepth knowledge of USB bandwidth and what affects it???

<
and Corsair.

^^ I hate the look of the Corsair Voyager and hence never bought one. It looks more like a adult toy than a pendrive!
<

^^ I hate the look of the Corsair Voyager and hence never bought one. It looks more like a adult toy than a pendrive!
<

man .. you need to get some perception improvement.. i find the corsair pendrives one of the sexiest available in the market.. all the other brands just keep coming up with shit crappy designs trying really hard to make their products look good.. corsair has had this same evergreen design since so many years and still no brand has been able to catch up. (i just saw a kingston pendrive lately which looked good and basically looked as if inspired from a corsair pendrive itself. with similar rubber body and stuff.)

^^ That's your take. I simply hate the huge voyager... I prefer my drives to be small and metallic. Not rubbery and adult toy shaped!
<

One of the sexiest available in the market? Lol....

^^ Adult toy... Didn't I say so...?? lol
<

On a serious note, it has exceptionally good transfer rates but still, I do not need exceptional performance from my pendrives and if I have to choose between looks and performance, I'll choose looks atleast as far a pendrives are concerned!

well. i am a performance person.. dont give even the slightest shit about looks.. .

One of the sexiest available in the market? Lol....

dude.. sexy not because it looks good.. it gives the best transfer rates without a hefty premium. it just shows that people get ripped off on those good for nothing slow pen drives... when for a similar price, you not only get a pendrive that performs better, but is more rugged and can take good deal of rough handling compared to other brands..

Model: Corsair Voyager 16gb (USB 2.0)

Format: FAT32

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 pro / USB 2.0

Price: Rs. 873 (from PrimeABGB)

Attachments

• Crystal mark.jpg
    Crystal mark.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 197
Transcend Jetflash 760 usb 3.0 16GB

Had formatted it to ntfs before doing these speed test. these are usb 2.0 tests for 100Mb and 1000MB

tjf16img01.png

tjf16img02.png

i dont have usb 3 so cant test that.

Model: Kingston DataTraveler G2 4GB

Format: NTFS

Price: Found it in my cabinet. Don't remember the price/purchase date but the packing says year of Import: 2010!
<

I'm gonna use it as my courier drive! My last courier drive was a Transcend Jetflash V30 4GB. It expired a few weeks ago.
<

kingstondatatravelerg24.jpg

Back