USB Access disabled on laptop - workarounds?

This is unethical as per forum policy as you are trying to bypass security enforced by your work organisation.
Its better if you talk directly with the IT dept in your co. & surely they will do the needful.
I dont think its unethical to post for a solution, (in case I am having some trouble @home or @work)
There are 100s of similar solutions in one or other way available on this site.
The person posting details for help is not submitting any kind of company information but just seeking help.. to a query. (legal or not will be decided by company he works for), not the solution which will be provided here.
there can be 100s of technical reasons any user/manager/top-level guy might do the same too.

If in case query was modified, it would be eligible, and might adhere forum policies too. :)

Not interested, in unnecessary debate..

It is a bit icky to do this stuff especially if you are at the end of your notice period but setting up a shared drive and copying data across over home wifi is what I have used in two organizations without any issues.
The mapped drives from my download rig are my primary way of consuming media on a office laptop without storing the files locally.

I admit that it is basically illegal to flout company rules but we do it anyway for personal stuff.

Hi. I think it is unethical to bypass security but I can suggest alternatives to this. First, you can use Google Drive and slowly transfer your files (since GDrive only has 15 GB worth of space). Second, you can directly ask someone from the company to allow you to remove your files from the pc.

instead of Gdrive, just use mega. it has 50gb free storage
It will most definitely be blocked. :)
Even bloody GoI is blocking mega nowadays if you use http. :mad:

In case of Google Drive the upload activity can be tracked by the organization if done from office or from G Drive logs which can be audited by organization.

Shared drive is the safest way as it is treated as an internal drive and windows level logs for file manipulations are not usually configured to be verbose by the organization as it will overload the storage of the laptop itself.

Three Reason USB can be blocked
1) OS level
2) Bios level
3) Network level
Os level - check the system setting in control panel if you are using windows OS
Bios level - enter the Bios when the windows starts and check the property of peripherals connected
Network level - a script is run during the start of the windows. find the way to stop the dos level script.

Back