USB 3.0 ports wont work.

rushab_rdx

Disciple
So I have this wierd issue with my 3.0 ports with PRIME Z270A . My USB 3.0ports won't detect any pendrives. It will detect my keyboard but will keep disconnecting and reconnecting all the time . Also when I restart the PC with pendrive connected it shows " usb device over current status detected".
Front USB ports and the 3.1 Port on the back works completely fine!
Any help will be appreciated [emoji3]

Google search for "usb device over current detected" returns many links - have you read through them to try their suggestions?

So I have this wierd issue with my 3.0 ports with PRIME Z270A . My USB 3.0ports won't detect any pendrives. It will detect my keyboard but will keep disconnecting and reconnecting all the time . Also when I restart the PC with pendrive connected it shows " usb device over current status detected".
Front USB ports and the 3.1 Port on the back works completely fine!
Any help will be appreciated [emoji3]
Are you from mumbai?

Are you from mumbai?
No from kolhapur.
Also sorry for not keeping it up to date .
I gave it to RMA but they rejected it saying it has some greasy liquid on the board ( which I read online is from thermal or v pads) which is none of my fault. So fought a bit but then ended up buying usb pci-e card. All works great now.
Disappointed with ASUS though, they were unable to show me the damage and just kept saying that I can't see it by eyes but they can see it with eyes and scanner .
All good though

Back