Urgent: should I opt for AMC for my voltas 1 ton 5 * AC?

neerajvohra

Disciple
I purchased two 1ton 5* Voltas split ac's last year and the warranty period is about to end in a few days.

I have requested for the service visit before it ends since Voltas offers 2 service per year. I made the call today and it seems the engg is ready to visit today itself. I wanted to get a clear picture of the Annual maintenance contract before the engg visit and get it serviced.

Is it worth opting for the AMC? Voltas offers
  • 1 Year Warranty on the Product
  • 4 Years Warranty on the Compressor

I haven't come across any issues with any of my AC's till now. I regularly clean up the units and follow the tips posted here. Still, I am in double mind in terms of AMC. It will cost me around 2-3k/AC valid for 1 year which includes 2 services and covers all the issues including gas leakage, copper wiring soldering etc except the plastic part. Is it really worth paying or AC's doesn't give problems in the first few years?

Offtopic : Looks like voltas is closely monitoring forums!! Voltas rep joined TE just to answer the query. and that to he failed to understand the query of OP

Yes yes yes. The biggest prob with AC's are gas leakage and if they are covered in AMC then go for it.

Yes, the gas leakage is covered in AMC.

Gas Leakage only happen if installation not done right and if AC is not servicing timely period...

True but the service itself cost 500Rs. I asked the technician and he quoted the rate.

Take AMC. Servicing itself is 400 - 600 one time so its worth it.

That's what I calculated, the service itself cost 500Rs. So getting the AC service twice every year i.e. after the end of season and before the start of summer itself will cost me 1k. Worth taking 1k risk for AMC right?

Offtopic : Looks like voltas is closely monitoring forums!! Voltas rep joined TE just to answer the query. and that to he failed to understand the query of OP

lol I don't see any reply by the Voltas team. Mod deleted?

Do the ac guys take 400-600 for blowing air and washing the filters? Or is there more to servicing a perfectly good ac?

They check for the gas pressure, voltage consumption by some meter and it consist of two services. One dry service as in they blow the air out for dust and other one wet which I opted for today, they clean up the inside unit with water, brush and cloth and washed the outer unit with high pressure water pipe. All went smoothly.

I went and agreed to opt for the AMC. They also offered me 10% discount on the AMC charges. If I opt for 3 years plan the discount was 20%. However, I wanted to see how well they perform during the AMC period so I opted for 1 year plan for 2023Rs (After 10% discount). No cash accepted and payment needs to be done via check in favor of Voltas LTD. I was not able to find the checkbook at home (thanks to the net banking, never really touched the checkbook) filled the form and asked them to call me tomorrow to collect it. Hope, it's worth investing.

Any more feedback is welcome and I really appreciate your help guys! Thank you.

Do the ac guys take 400-600 for blowing air and washing the filters? Or is there more to servicing a perfectly good ac?

It depends on service guys & location. Once you get official service done which is costlier, these servicing guys will tell you that they will service your AC on weekend for 400 - 600. Wet Service where they clean external unit with water through pipe. Internal unit cleaning is with blower.

Back