URGENT: MP Board Improvement Exams?

My sister who lives in MP gave the 12th board exams this year and got 64%.
The problem is that she wants to get in IIT and has already gone to Kota in some Instt for it's preparation. But as she is not eligible for the IIT due to 64%, I suggested her to give improvement exams and then give 12th exams again next year if improvement exams don't go well.
Now her father went to school today to inquire about improvement exam and they replied that they know no such thing but will confirm it tomorrow. I tried googling but it is not much help.
Does anyone from MP know if they have improvement exams there?
Or any other advice you can give.

Dont want to sound rude but 64% in MP boards are at best average marks, i will not recommend dropping a year for iit unless your sister is ready to completely dedicate almost all of her time in studying. I know people with 80%+ who failed to clear IIT even after dropping 2+years.

I know everyone wants to be in IIT, IIM etc. But, only a selected few make it. Looking at the marks that your sister got is average at best in today's senario.
I have seen people and students seriously over calculating there potential. Now, I am not saying that your sister is not capable.
But, I would seriously urge you to consult an career consultant. He/she might give you a lot of insights regarding her aptitude.

You also need to understand that IIT is not the end of world. There are many other premiere engineering institutes that are worthy of consideration.

Also note that usually Average people are the ones that are more successful in there lives.
My advice would be to prepare and appear in competitive exams and see where you stand. Accordingly, select the college. Don't waste your time in pursuing only IIT.
Don't listen to whatever others have to say. Get the degree from the college that is in your range. Don't drop a year. That's the worst you can do.

They do not have Improvements in 12th State intermediate exams. Its only in 11th.

Its a really a terrible idea of attempting exam again. Trust me, the whole career graph will fall down from 64% to 50% in future.
Ask the lady to explore the best options and take advantage of it.

PS: From an Guy who took the wrong step and made a mess like the case of yours.

Last edited:
Sorry for late reply due to this super slow 2g speed.
Thanks guys.I agree with you guys and I tried to persuade her about looking for other choices but I don't want her to think later that I or someone else is responsible for her fate. I did some mistakes in my time believing others and regret it still. I don't want her to suffer that. If she makes her own choice and doesn't make it big, she will at least not blame anyone and will be satisfied to some extent that she at least tried.
I am gonna go and meet her father the day after tomorrow and lay down the options and ask him to dissuade her.

I have already told her few times that a paper mere can't judge one's fate and talent. But she is just too adamant about IIT.
Tell me what can be done now?
I don't think that there are any entrance exams left for this year(sorry if I am wrong. I don't know much as I passed 7 years ago and can't remember a thing) so yeah she will definitely have to try for next year.
She is interested in electrical stream BTW.
What should I suggest her now?
I have suffered a lot after 10th. Wasted 7 years and still stand nowhere. I don't want her to waste her time like me.
I might not reply tomorrow as I have a busy day. But please post your suggestions and I will reply asap

If she makes her own choice and doesn't make it big, she will at least not blame anyone and will be satisfied to some extent that she at least tried.
Make sure she knows that MP board has one of the easiest exam patterns out there(they have MCQ, fill in the blanks type questions), and if she still thinks she can handle her choice then just let her go with it.

Does she have a concrete plan on what branch of engg she wants to get into or is the extent of her goal limited to getting into IIT?

If she is particularly interested in CS or IT branches, then would suggest trying for IIIT's or even NIT's. To be frank, I think for CS/IT, IIITs are IMO much better than IIT's (for learning). At least that's how it was 12 years ago.

For ECE and EEE, IIT's are the best place to be in.

Does she have a concrete plan on what branch of engg she wants to get into or is the extent of her goal limited to getting into IIT?

If she is particularly interested in CS or IT branches, then would suggest trying for IIIT's or even NIT's. To be frank, I think for CS/IT, IIITs are IMO much better than IIT's (for learning). At least that's how it was 12 years ago.

For ECE and EEE, IIT's are the best place to be in.

yup. She is interested in Electricals and won't mind NIT.
I would ask her to think about other options

M.p board is the worst board that I've ever seen I also gave my 12th 2015 and I hardly manage to get 58% now think its because of the examiners who check our copies they get paid 7rs for 1 copy do you know the inside story ? No right ? English pdhane wale physics Ki copy check karte h the level of exams is nowhere in comparison to cbse icse and other state boards but hardly the results are so low for example this year only 35% got passed I'm not against improvement I'm also doing improvement this year

Hi,
Though old post but I am really hoping for a reply. My brother is in similar situation, have scored 71% in 12th class in Mp board and ideally wants to sit for improvement of 3 subjects only. Is that allowed in Mp board?
@scott : did your sister apply for improvement after that? I hope she repeated and got better engineering college. Personally I don't see any correlation of school performance and engineering performance, thanks to our board exams where focus is on mugging up without understanding and handwriting. I had scored 59 and 72 % in 10th and 12th. But got admitted to IITM in first attempt and had CGPA of 8.9. And today have several patents.

Regards,
Eeshan

Hi,
Though old post but I am really hoping for a reply. My brother is in similar situation, have scored 71% in 12th class in Mp board and ideally wants to sit for improvement of 3 subjects only. Is that allowed in Mp board?
@scott : did your sister apply for improvement after that? I hope she repeated and got better engineering college. Personally I don't see any correlation of school performance and engineering performance, thanks to our board exams where focus is on mugging up without understanding and handwriting. I had scored 59 and 72 % in 10th and 12th. But got admitted to IITM in first attempt and had CGPA of 8.9. And today have several patents.

Regards,
Eeshan

Sorry for late reply but I don't have a system now and don't login much here for that reason.
I think it's possible to give only 3 improvement exams but it's better to confirm in the school.
I don't talk to my cousin now but she did get a college in Greater Noida last year.

Back