Graphic Cards Upgrading from a GIGABYTE 750ti.. Budget is tight.

SamDaMan

Disciple
Hey guys, I am looking towards getting an upgrade for my Gigabyte 750ti which has served me really well. I am looking to get either an Extreme Gaming Gigabyte 950 or the Gigabyte 960 Windforce OC. Which one would you recommend? I mainly play CS and sometimes games like GTA V and The Witcher. On a shoestring budget here ie has to be under 20K. Thanks in advance :)

yeah, you can consider a used gtx 970 or r9 290 in warranty.
otherwise gtx 960 would be the way to go (maybe an r9 285 if your getting a good deal)
what psu are you using?

Not very keen on buying a used card, so i guess i'll go with the 960 then. I really think NVIDIA messed up with the pricing for the 950s, don't you?

What would be an ideal Indian price for 950 where buying it makes sense? How good is it to source from US? The US price for entry level 950 seems 160$, which should be a good buy, right?

I just picked up an under warranty G1 Gaming 960, though i was initially going for a 950, but well worth the extra few thousand, thanks to the folks who helped me out on my thread.

If you can get a good condition second hand one or a lower OC new one than i would definitely recommend a 960 over a 950.

Back