Budget 0-20k Upgrade Suggestions required, 1080P Gaming

pavasedge12

Recruit
What is your budget?
15k~

What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - PHENOM ii X4 955
Motherboard - GIGABYTE 785G
GPU -GTX 1050TI
RAM - 6GB DDDR2
Monitor - LG 22
PSU - Corsair VS450

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name).
CPU - Ryzen 1200
Motherboard - A320 motherbaord, as I don't intend to overclock. Confused among these three.
https://www.mdcomputers.in/amd-platform?product_id=7119
https://www.mdcomputers.in/amd-platform?product_id=7120
https://www.mdcomputers.in/amd-platform/asus-prime-a320m-k.html
I really don't intend to mess with BIOS updation so please suggest the one with latest BIOS
RAM - 2800 MHZ.

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Final

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Open to online purchase
Lucknow

Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Watching HD movies

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
None

If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Strategy,Racing , FPS , Action etc.

What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1080p
Desktop - 1080p

Are you looking to overclock?
No

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 10 64 bit

Right now, for Full HD gaming at 60FPS with very high/ultra settings, GTX 1060 is the best. RX 570 and RX 580 are not available anywhere at least at the prices below 20K where they should be. I have pasted the link below for Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 3GB Amp edition. It costs 19.5K right now. Its a beautiful card for full HD gaming at 60 FPS.

As for RAM, you really need to check the QVL of the motherboard you are going to buy. Popular choices seem to be Corsair Vengeance 2x8 GB or GSkill trident z RGB 2x8GB. Prices vary from website to website. Please try md computers, theitdepot, primeabgb etc. Amazon tends to be most expensive for PC components except this gfx card which is the best deal right now.
From your links of motherboards, I would go for the ASUS one because of their BIOS, but its really your choice.

I would also change the PSU from VS series to something from Seasonic. For corsair, minimum PSU I would go for a gaming rig would be their CS series. Take a look at the tomshardware PSU list in which they have divided PSUs in tiers and I would only go for Tier one or two. Link below. You can get a Seasonic 520 and 620W for between 5.5k and 8K depending on where you look.

https://www.amazon.in/ZOTAC-GTX-106...=UTF8&qid=1504517438&sr=8-5&keywords=gtx+1060
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

If you really intend to use the above config solely for gaming,then you can go for a g4560 or i3-7100 ....
Both have a solid single core performance..which is benificial for games but not multitasking..
PS g4560 are back in stock and are available at most online retailers..it won't break your budget
Also,I am going to recommend against above suggestions ,since the cpu is the real bottleneck and price of gpus are already sky high..
Logically you will also face limitation of 3gb vram

Dear all,

Thanks for the replies. I already have GPU, 105O TI. I wish to buy only CPU, Motherbaord and RAM. For the price, i3 7100 setup is not justfied. G4560 is definetly a steal but I am concerned about its long term performance. For now it slightly beats Ryzen 3 1200 in most games and costs Rs. 3500/- less. But in the long run I will be stuck with it. And if some games actually make use of 4 cores then its performance will be severely limited. Also Ryzen has different architecture which future games may make use of , so its performance is bound to increase and it will also offer upgrade option as AMD plans to stick with AM4 till atleast 2020. Hence I am inclined towards Ryzen 3 1200. I still haven't been able to make up my mind though.

So far I have finalized Ryzen 1200 and Asus Prime A320K motherboard. Need suggestions with 2400MHZ RAM as Ryzen has known issues with some RAMs. Please suggest any compatible RAM.

For RAM, you can go with Gskill trident Z RGB or corsair Vengeance LPX. The first one I use with my R5 1600 and it works at 2888 MHz instead of 3000, but it works. Corsair is very popular with Ryzen builds. Your best bet would be to check the QVL of the motherboard you are going to buy.

Dear all,

Thanks for the replies. I finally bought Pentium G4560 , Gigabyte H110 and GSkill 2400 MHZ Ram. The cost was 14500/-. Ryzen build would have cost around 19500/- and the performance would have been similar. I have tried Rise of Tomb Raider and FC 4 and both run great.

Congrats.... Enjoy your new purchase... :)
Dear all,

Thanks for the replies. I finally bought Pentium G4560 , Gigabyte H110 and GSkill 2400 MHZ Ram. The cost was 14500/-. Ryzen build would have cost around 19500/- and the performance would have been similar. I have tried Rise of Tomb Raider and FC 4 and both run great.

Back