Graphic Cards Updating Graphics Card need suggestion

Hello everyone.

My config:

CPU - Intel i7 4790.
MoBo - Asus H97 Pro.
SMPS - Antec TruePower 650W 80Plus gold.
RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance 2X8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600.
Monitor - LG 25UM64 UltraWide 21:9.
Cabinet - Zebronic (regular).
HDD - Seagate 1 TB.
GPU:Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1 GB DDR5(6 Months warranty left) .

My main use :3D Modeling Maya,ZBrush sculpting,Photoshop,rendering,gaming.

Please suggest GPU under 17k which runs on my given config and use.

I am looking for:
1. Geforce GTX 960 4GB because its fit to my budget.
2.But I can also go for Geforce GTX 970 4GB,it depends upon my budget variation.
Which brand preferred?

Also any other upgradation will need to fit this config specially cabinet,cooler etc.

Preferred :Nvidia (for 3D Plugin compatibility).

Purchasing from Mumbai.

Thanks,
Bhushan.

Given the primary use you'll want a gpu with the maximum number of cuda cores so if possible try looking for a 780ti or 770. they might be going cheap since they're old.
basically 970>780>770>960
the gtx 760 is only marginally slower than the 960 for 3d modelling so if you can get one for a low price it might be good value(~12-13k).

aren't those way out of budget? a decent quadro is 50k+
A 15k quadro will outperform a 980 ti in the right apps cos the drivers are tuned for particular apps.

Also there are certified drivers for dcc apps which should be used for them. They guarantee pixel perfect rendering accuracy.

A 15k quadro will outperform a 980 ti in the right apps cos the drivers are tuned for particular apps.

Also there are certified drivers for dcc apps which should be used for them. They guarantee pixel perfect rendering accuracy.
No argument there. I just didn't know they were available for 15k.

This is the cheapest quadro one can get. Street prices are 2k less. Obviously it is not state of the art but it will get the job done for DCC. Just don't expect to play much games on it.

http://www.flipkart.com/leadtek-nvidia-quadro-k620-2-gb-ddr3-graphics-card/p/itme2ehwje53a7by

I'm nearly on the similar budget and requirements as OP,
How VFM is this cheapest Qudro card compared to GeForce Cards in same price range in performance , say gtx 960 for eg?

Also since the introduction of directx 12, how much difference would it make to wait and buy a gfx card optimized for the same?

arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/08/directx-12-tested-an-early-win-for-amd-and-disappointment-for-nvidia/2/

Last edited:
I'm nearly on the similar budget and requirements as OP,
How VFM is this cheapest Qudro card compared to GeForce Cards in same price range in performance , say gtx 960 for eg?

Also since the introduction of directx 12, how much difference would it make to wait and buy a gfx card optimized for the same?

arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/08/directx-12-tested-an-early-win-for-amd-and-disappointment-for-nvidia/2/
Obviously for games, the GTX 960 will be much much faster.

However for DCC, the Quadro will be smoother in the viewport, will support antialiased lines, 2-sided lighting etc which most professional software require.

Certain apps like MARI will not even run on geforce cards because of missing features.

Back