User Guides Uninstall IE7 Beta From Your Computer

Here is the smallest guide you will ever get

Incase you had installed IE7beta 1 (the exclusive review of which we did here) and now are sick of it (in which case i might add you are not a minority) or if you want to make use of windows update(Windows Update can't seem to properly render on IE7beta1) then here is a small easy way for you to uninstall IE7 and get back to good old IE6 (hmm ok remove that good part :bleh: )

Needless to say that if you go to add remove program you won't see anything. You go to add/remove windows components again there is option to completely uninstall IE but not just IE7.

Ok so here is how you do it -

start->control panel->add remove programs->at the top check "show updates" radio box->scroll down in the list->you will see IE7 listed, uninstall that, restart and you are on IE6

Now go back to opera/ff :eek:hyeah:​

---------------

Manual Uninstall :

Remember for Beta 1 you need to click on show updates to see the IE 7 uninstall entry in add/remove programs.

For Beta 2 & later you can see the IE 7 uninstall entry as a standalone entry, no show updates required here.

If you dont see the uninstall entires even after following the above steps then do the following -

• Go to Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View - Enable the Show Hidden Files and Folders.
  • Go to Start Menu/Run paste the following code & press enter(check the exact path in your windows folder)
    • %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe

OR

[*]%windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe

OR

[*]%windir%\ie7beta3\spuninst\spuninst.exe

• One other way to do is to manually navigate to the path shown above and click on spuninst.exe.

Thanks for your post. Originally I found the uninstallion on LockerGnome which I have been a member for several years. Before I saw the item listed, I had already installed IE7 beta. I just wanted to check it out. Boy, was I wrong. The first thing that ruined my desire to keep it, I could not click on the links in my Outlook Express email and furthermore, it crashed a program that I liked and there was nothing I could do. I did try to find the uninstall but I did not realize that it was hidden. According to your easy instructions, I successfully uninstalled it and when I went back to my email, all the links worked and I was able to reinstall the program that crashed. Microsoft is going to have to do a lot better. OK, the tabs worked but very few icons on the tool bar and what happened to the menu bar? Even though I had IE 6 and hardly ever used it, I have been using FireFox which in my opinion is one of the best browsers available. Opera is good too. Microsoft has to try harder if they want their browser to be successful.

Best Regards,

I cant even view the ie7 in add/remove programs IT DOESNT COME UP!! HELP ME OUT HERE! So basically its not listed for me, WHY?!

^ As Safin said - you need to check the show updates on top of the add/remove progams.

start->control panel->add remove programs->at the top check "show updates" radio box->scroll down in the list->you will see IE7 listed, uninstall that, restart and you are on IE6

Plus, an error message comes up when i click on it, it says

The prcedure entry point InternetGetSecurityInfoByURLW could not be located in the dynamic link library WININET.dll

I tried searching the missing file and found it and downloaded it but it didnt do SQUAT! so if anyone has any ideas then PLEASE HELP ME!!

I succeeded in removing IE7 and got back IE6 but with a hiccup - it would not allow me to open more than one Window of IE6 :mad: I could only have one page open at a time - so I went back to IE7 and have now intalled Avant Browser which according to me is the BEST browser I have run.

^^It probably has the highest views as people using external search engines get link to this thread directly. Anyhow, while IE7 beta 1 was crappy, Beta 2 is really good. I hate to admit it, but it is indeed really good.

tracerbullet said:
^^It probably has the highest views as people using external search engines get link to this thread directly. Anyhow, while IE7 beta 1 was crappy, Beta 2 is really good. I hate to admit it, but it is indeed really good.

Gimme IE7 with Adblock and it can be considered.

i am the same boat .. i installed IE 7 and now i cant remove it ..

i goto the add/remove programs and click on show updates and i dont see IE 7 anywhere ..

is there another way of removing it ?? if so let me know thanks alot ..

^ If its beta 2 then you dont have to click on show updates, you would by default get a entry in Add/Remove programs showing - IE 7 Beta 2, just uninstall it from there.

It its beta 1 & you dont see it using show updates, then one alternative is to reinstall it & then uninstall it.

OR if you dont have both the uninstall entires - one more thing to do is :

In Explorer/Tools/Folder options/View - check/enable the Show Hidden Folders.

After that try doing the following -

In Start Menu/Run paste the following code & enter
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]%windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe

OR(Check the path in your windows folder)

%windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe[/COLOR]

Back