Uncharted (PS4) - Discussion Thread

Uncharted fans ought to know that Naughty Dog might be revealing Uncharted 4 on November 14, PlayStation 4 launch event. According to Eskimo Press, Naughty Dog's next big game is not Savage Starlight but Uncharted 4, and the game seems to be at least two years in development.

Moreover, the decision not to reveal the PS4-exclusive game or even make an announcement about anything relating to it had to do with timing. The guys from Naughty Dog felt that an announcement would “eclipse the launch of one of this year's greatest games,” The Last of Us.
Therefore, since gamers most likely won't be seeing the Uncharted 4 until mid- to late-2014, revealing it would have definitely been a bit too premature.

The guys from Eskimo Press did quite a lot of research and tried their best to find out more about the long-awaited game from Naughty Dog.

By confronting industry professional Geoff Keighly, they were able to find out that Savage Starlight won't be the developers' next big release “Naughty Dogs interest in space is very new to me. I would only assume that Naughty Dog's second team is looking for inspiration for their second project.”

If some might think Naughty Boy has a third developing team, it is highly improbable as Eskimo Press' source claimed “Uncharted 4 is at least two years into development so I would be very supervised if we don't receive an official announcement from Sony by the end of the year.”

Moreover, NeoGaf member called œfamousmortimer said that he has some insider info and that he knows for sure that an Uncharted 4 exists “I do know for a fact that there is an Uncharted 4.” He even went on to say that evidently the trailer is amazing This could mean that he has already seen it and that things are more than coming along.

What is interesting is that although he stated that there was for a fact an Uncharted 4, he is unsure if Naughty Dog is making it. Check out the video from 1:58:00.

Source

Last edited:
Seems like a Prequel to the existing franchise.

----------------------------------------------------

From playstationlifestyle.net

Analyzing the Uncharted PS4 Trailer: Pirates, Pirate Colonies, Treasure, Henry Every and Libertatia
November 15, 2013 Written by Sebastian Moss

unchartedps4.jpg

Uncharted for PS4 is real, but all we have to show for it is a tiny teaser trailer that gives brutally few details. To help work out what Naughty Dog has up their sleeves, PSLS took out a fine tooth comb and began looking through the trailer.

The map sets the location as the area around Madagascar and Cape of Good Hope in South Africa, with places like Réunion and Cape Agulhas shown. The area was known for piracy, which is interesting as piratey character models were spotted at Naughty Dog HQ.

naughtydogpirates.jpg

What’s more, at one point the map shows “Every betrayed us all”. Henry Every was a seventeenth century pirate who was called “The Arch Pirate” and “The King of Pirates” by his contemporaries, staged the most profitable pirate raid in history, and was never caught – retiring to enjoy his wealth. He also betrayed a lot of his men, and his wealth wasn’t found (perhaps Nathan Drake will find it). Oh, and he did operate around Africa, as well as India and the Caribbean. It’s important to note that the time Every operated in was long after Sir Francis Drake, so that likely rules out older Drake.

At the end of the video, the screen focuses on an island next to Madagascar, circling it like on a treasure map. Île Sainte-Marie/Nosy Boraha is the small island in question, and just so happens to have been a pirate haven throughout the 17th and 18th centuries, and Henry Every is known to have sheltered there at île aux Forbans. The island was also thought to be the home of the possibly fictional Libertatia, an anarchist colony founded in the late 17th century by pirates under Captain James Misson. The pirates freed slaves and apparently used elected systems of re-callable delegates.
If it wasn’t obvious enough, the Libertatia motto was “for God and liberty,” which appears on the teaser trailer for Uncharted. Hodie Mecum Eris In Paradiso’ is ‘Today, you shall be with me in Paradise’ in Latin, one of the seven last words of Christ, and the Libertatians were thought to be very religious and want to build a paradise.But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

- Luke 23:39-43

Last edited:
Sony made huge mistake by not releasing it as a PS4 launch title...
All other main launch title not getting good review Sony have hope for...
On vgchartz forum many have cancel ps4 order by seeing not to so good review of launch title...
Look like once again in the next generation console xbone will step ahead of ps4..

It will not be wise to do so . First they have to build a database of customers. It wont be that profitable for SONY and the game developer. Best example is GT6 is coming to PS3 rather then PS4 as its launch title. Reason - POLYPHONY wants to sell game to a 70 millions PS3 owners rather than a meagre 2 or 3 million owners.

The trailer is a bit similar to gow 3. Though very little is shown but still not as impressive as UC2.

Last edited:
One thing is sure they are trying hard to bring UC2 back with this one so that it also becomes a blockbuster like the other. The question is will it? Btw the trailer is really impressive check it out.

[DOUBLEPOST=1434447650][/DOUBLEPOST]Also don't miss this..

Last edited:
Uncharted 4 looks good.

Not sure about what UC4 copied from Tomb Raider as most of them were present from the Uncharted game and the scenarios were there even before Tomb Raider in movies like Indiana Jones.

I found that gameplay video oozing (a bit of) desperateness.

Just hoping that this doesnt ends up being a mindless assembling of set pieces like the UC3.

Wao Wao Wao. Tomb raider is nowhere near this game.
Dude speak for yourself. Yes I am against the rebooted tomb raider but the previous ones were really interesting especially legends & anniversary. Both games may have similar settings but earlier tomb raider (Lets include underworld too) had some class in them.
UC is indiana jones with tomb raider settings
I found that gameplay video oozing (a bit of) desperateness.
Just hoping that this doesnt ends up being a mindless assembling of set pieces like the UC3.
Yes thats why I said UC 2 left a benchmark.

Yes thats why I said UC 2 left a benchmark.

I am glad they are doing a remastering of the series for the ps4 (UC1 would esp be looked fwd to), but UC2 indeed was the bomb.

The game left next to nothing for those guys to explore and maybe they could have only gone into oriental theme since they also had exhausted South American and Middle east ambiance.
Maybe Singaporean pirates (a la Pirates of the Caribbean) or Imperial Japan setup would have been a better choice.

I had a question which i forgot from that gameplay posted last.. Why didnt Drake hurled the grenade back at the enemies?

And i thought somebody will post this, but looks like i ll grab the honors afterall..

nqssxj.jpg

You mean the gameplay which was exclusively Live on twitch a few days earlier?
The extended gameplay of the segment which was shown in E3 earlier. The video went live at approx 12.15 pm (IST). On twitch (live) there was nothing but bunch of stupidity & BS interviews for almost half an hour. Gameplay was loaded on youtube (ps channel) it was not shown on twitch.

Last edited:
Back