Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

ex-Mod
Ubuntu 7.04

The power of open source.

On your laptop, desktop and server.

Smart. Secure. Easy.

Ubuntu is a community developed, linux-based operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers. It contains all the applications you need - a web browser, presentation, document and spreadsheet software, instant messaging and much more.​

The Ubuntu Promise
  • Ubuntu will always be free of charge, including enterprise releases and security updates.
  • Ubuntu comes with full commercial support from Canonical and hundreds of companies around the world.
  • Ubuntu includes the very best translations and accessibility infrastructure that the free software community has to offer.
  • Ubuntu CDs contain only free software applications; we encourage you to use free and open source software, improve it and pass it on.
So created a Go Download Ubuntu or Ask for Free Cd's ...

Follow the steps.
  • Before you start download or order free Cd's make sure you have a Launchpad Account. If you do not have a Launch Account then creat here. Create Account
  • After you created the account an email will be sent from Launchpad to your account. Follow the steps to activate the account.
  • Now to use Ubuntu you can Download or you can Order CD's.
1-To Download Ubuntu :

• Note: To Download Ubuntu you need to have Broad Band Connection so that you can download it quickly as the size of the file is big.
To Start the download Click Here ... Start Download

• Select Festive Fawn Ubuntu 7.04 as it is the latest version of ubuntu.
  • The select the type of Ubuntu you wanna download.
  • Choose a location near your country or select your country if available and then press download button.
To Start the download Click Here ... Start Download

2- Order Ubuntu Free Cd's

• This process a bit slow but is good for those users having Dial Up connection or those who do not have Internet Connection and used to surf using Cyber Cafes.
  • To Order the Cd you must Log in to your Launchpad account. Method told above.
  • After you Sign In. A new page will open with loads of options.
  • Order the number of Cd's you like to have and fill up the form and click on Order ubuntu Cd button and the Ubuntu Cd will be shipped withing few days.
To Order Ubuntu Cd Click Here

P.S: A tad late but still thought might be useful for some 1:hap2:

Regards Ds.

Dark Star said:
In that case I would prefer hours of download :bleh: .

Heh seems less people like Open Source :bleh: :rofl:

i would have downloade dit also but i was getting ubunu for my LUG group in college
ordered 200 cds, they came 3 months later, then after another week, i got another box of 200 :p
never opened that one ultimatly

I have an X2 3600+ and Biostar TA690G..

Should i dwnload the x86 version or the 64bit version ?? cd or dvd - difference ??

^^ X2 3600 + is a 64 bit processor :p so you can use 32 bit as well as 64 bit s/w in it.. while to gain the maximum suppport and performance you need to switch to 6 bit version so download it . :D Happy Tuxing ..

Dark Star said:
^^ X2 3600 + is a 64 bit browser so you can use 32 bit as well as 64 bit s/w in it.. while to gain the maximum suppport and performance you need to switch to 6 bit version so download it . :D Happy Tuxing ..

thanks Dark Star..

Btw.. m sure u meant X2 is a 64bit Proccy and not a browser :p

Also.. Ubuntu / KUbuntu ... and wat not.. Beriyl / Compiz / G-nome.. man i m confused.. want to switch to Open Source.. atleast try.. but these things.. heads all messed up :S

Need Some help.. buddy :)

^ that means i can dwnload Ubuntu.. and use Compiz fusion to spice up my desktop ??

Can i also use KDE on Ubuntu ?? (Assuming these are all desktop envirments !)

And is Gnome like the default or basic Desktop environment ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back