Linux Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) Discussion Thread

I tried to upgrade my karmic kubuntu to lucid I got a crash when it was downloading 1298 of 1310 package :( :( grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr this is frustrating

Just downloaded it yesterday and burned it in the CD.

Waiting for tomorrow so that my monthly limit of 2.5 GB gets renewed, i'll be updating existing version of 9.10 in my Notebook...

Gaurish said:
Use Tweet Deck:D

tweet deck doesn't support Identi.ca
I loved choqok. It was the best client I ever came across so far, but some how KDE 4.4 on kubuntu looked drudged !
Ubuntu is much faster than Kubuntu !
after my sem exams I will try installing Arch :D

Bleh..ditch twitter.
Anyway....I used Lucid last night for about 30 minutes. Installation was a breeze, everything worked fine, the interface looks slick (of course I am late to the party...was constantly hovering my cursor around the top right corner instead of the left) and I got bored easily. Also, didn't find it necessary to install the Nvidia blob (its a different story though...that I actually couldn't...forgot to install the headers)...Nouveau worked fine although the performance isn't free of jitter.

Seems like I am gonna stick with 9.10 as long as it serves me. By 10.10 there should be enough upgrades to get rid of current install.

alcy said:
Bleh..ditch twitter.

Anyway....I used Lucid last night for about 30 minutes. Installation was a breeze, everything worked fine, the interface looks slick (of course I am late to the party...was constantly hovering my cursor around the top right corner instead of the left) and I got bored easily. Also, didn't find it necessary to install the Nvidia blob (its a different story though...that I actually couldn't...forgot to install the headers)...Nouveau worked fine although the performance isn't free of jitter.

Seems like I am gonna stick with 9.10 as long as it serves me. By 10.10 there should be enough upgrades to get rid of current install.

To restor orginal button layout, just run the following command.

Code:
$ gconftool-2 --set /apps/metacity/general/button_layout --type string "menu:minimize,maximize,close"

Can anyone tell me how big is the Restricted Codec pack which includes the codecs for playing MP3, xvid, divx, DVD's etc ?

I am on dial-up now and so need to know the file size before I decide to download it.

Back