'Uber Eat" Reviews - Offering HUUUUUGE discounts.. SCAM OR SOLID ?

Futureized

Skilled
Visited a close colleague and he ordered stuff like 570+ INR
And total cost was 130 and we were surprised in afternoon..
Can anyone vouch for same ?

Food got delivered on time and surprised..

Gaining market for next future profit ? HOW ?

If worth it should we try ? YES/NO.

Don't know for sure. Foodpanda had a similar offer where I was getting 2 burgers at the price of one in a local burger joint. In the end I found out that I received 1 burger only. Didn't bother to lodge any complaints since their support is as pathetic as their image. And since the order was paid, I couldn't refuse to pay for the order at the time of delivery. Be careful guys, online payment is a trap

I am really surprised by the bill. The max discount on Uber I have seen is 150. That should put the bill around 420ish. So, curious what coupon was applied.

As for how and why this happening, it is simply gaining market share at the expense of spending money. And yes, you should absolutely try it. Go ahead and waste the VC money.

But, here's something to keep in mind.

Delivery guys are getting tons of incentives to deliver food, some say they make upwards of 30-40k+ a month and maybe more. And given how cabs incident played out, you can see how this is going to end.

On the other side, restaurants are constantly under pressure. I have seen places which used have queues now going empty. They mostly now have swiggy/uber/foodpanda/zomato at the counters collecting food. Sometime ago, maybe last year or last to last year, there was an insider leak from Swiggy. Someone talked about how restaurants are pressured to give more and more per order cut to Swiggy. This has led to restaurants piling on charges in the guise of "packing charges" and sometimes even raised prices. I don't think this has net positive effect on the industry as a whole. Some famous restaurants chains might survive the onslaught but most smaller ones will go under.

And given that Swiggy etc are now constantly increasing delivery charges, I don't see how this party going to continue.

I made a similar claim 3 years ago about Ola/Uber:

https://www.techenclave.com/communi...thread-uber-ola-meru-etc.175124/#post-2040562

And many people weren't happy with that. Though 3 years down the line, I see the trend has reversed. My cabbie constantly asks if I know some offices looking for drivers. Ola/Uber fooled us with money, he says.

Ola/Uber fooled us with money, he says.
when vc money dries up and foolish investors go away, all that is left are real investors who look at data and roi. doubt uber/ola or anyone could fool them into parting with money. so they start cannibalizing money from drivers since they don't have much staff to fire.

Dumped zomato forever for good due to their fake error "restaurant not taking any order". Where swiggy, uber and foodpanda shows orders accepted and even when I call the hotels directly they deliver it & deny any such issues. Dont know whats up with zomato.

Recently started ordering from swiggy and its a bliss experience. For my first 5 orders got flat 50% off no conditions or questions. Didn't applied any code during checkout.
Delivery too is before estimated time.

Will try ubet eats shortly. But I prefer to stick to one brand as far as possible.

It might not be Zomato's fault. Usually, restaurants will stop taking orders when they have a huge backlog. I have seen owners do that and since Zomato usually has the highest commission charges, they switch off Zomato. In Chandigarh, many restaurants have completely removed themselves off Zomato ever since their charges increased.

Yes, restaurants can stop taking orders like that for various reasons and I have experienced it myself with restaurant not taking orders on swiggy, but allowing orders form ubereats. They can do it because of back log. They may also do it when they are giving a platform specific discount and they start getting too many orders. They may do it because of disputes too.

FYI to all use code TASTY for 50% OFF all month from selected restaurants from zomato. worth ordering snacks. 50% off will be upto 100 i guess.

FYI to all use code TASTY for 50% OFF all month from selected restaurants from zomato. worth ordering snacks. 50% off will be upto 100 i guess.

sdsad.JPG

Back