Video Tv technical doubt

jammy420

Adept
I have a 32" 3d tv, which developed a thin line on the screen and the service center asks 16K for replacement.
There are no 3D tvs in market even in 60K range, at least in LG

instead, I was thinking, If I can get a 42", or 49" screen damaged TV from OLX, these service center guys are still supplying the 3D screens. My motherboard is producing 3D signal. If I fit my Motherboard and other spares in a 42" screen, 49" screen will it produce 3D?

I mean this kind of line... this seems to be display damaged. we have not done any physical damage, but seems to be one done without our conscious act

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-02-19 at 20.23.56.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-19 at 20.23.56.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 154
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-02-19 at 20.23.56 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-19 at 20.23.56 (1).jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 148
Oh, I remember that thread. If its just cracked glass in front, why not remove the glass only? Use the lcd panel without any glass. I'm sure only the glass has cracked.

try pressing on the screen with your finger. do you see the liquid move or feel the screen is soft to the touch? if nothing happens, then there's glass there.

did the service guys try removing the panel completely before saying it will cost 16k rupees?

unfortunately, glass has not cracked... The service centre guys say, some object would have hit the glass without your knowledge which caused the disrupture in the panel... They say if they remove the panel the liquid would flow and after that you need to replace it. at least now you can use it...

Another solution is, They have agreed to reduce the cost, if I buy a new TV... however, I find no 3D options even around 60k...all models are outdated. with kids in home loving 3d, so just wondering if the original question would hold true

They say if they remove the panel the liquid would flow and after that you need to replace it.
what nonsense. did they tell you that they will replace the panel at home or they will take the tv to shop, repair it and give it back? looks like they are trying to pull a fast one on you.
i've opened led tv's and no panel is stuck to the glass. main reason is the panels get really hot and they will expand and contract. sticking glass to such a panel will make glass crack in no time. most manufacturers use a frame to keep glass and panel together with tiny screws. no one's going to stick such large screens with gum.

you can get Sanyo 32" non 3d LED tv from amazon at 16-17k. I think buying a new tv would be better than spending money on this broken tv now.

btw, why do you need 3d tv or fixated on a 3d tv? what percentage of movies you watch are in 3d? how many tv serials come in 3d?[DOUBLEPOST=1519109155][/DOUBLEPOST]to answer your question on whether bigger panel will work or not - led panel is just for showing images. all the 3d work is done in the chip. chips would be in the tcon board.
who is going to change the tcon board and see it works properly? what will you do if the connectors to led panel are different or smaller or bigger?

if something goes wrong, you will end up with two faulty tv's nobody wants and around 15k in loss.

Last edited:
not much 3d content.. but I don't want to miss out that feature though used occasionally...

I am connected to PC. Is there a workaround with/without a graphics card on a normal LED TV (without polarized 3D)?

not much 3d content.. but I don't want to miss out that feature though used occasionally...

I am connected to PC. Is there a workaround with/without a graphics card on a normal LED TV (without polarized 3D)?

no workaround i think. I'm guessing. the chip separates the signal into red/ blue or side by side images. unless the gfx card supports 3d content and can output in that format, i don't think it will work.

Back