Audio Top tier IEM or custom Iems?

What you need to tell your audio logist is that you want to get an Open mouth impression done. He might give you something to bite on to while he gets the impression of your ear.
Needless to say, keep your ears clean b4 you do for an impression. Lol

The universal custom is basically a custom iem which is smaller in size and a bit rounded off to fit anyones ears. They use iems tips on the custom so that you get a proper seal in your ear canal like any other universal iem. Only thing you get from these is an audition of the sound signature and up2 some level an idea of how customs feel in your ears.

Everyone, UM, JH, Livewires offer free refitting within 3weeks approx. So i'm not worried about not getting it right the first time.

What I am concerned about is the sound sig for EDM. Is it worth getting my existing TF10 remolded or should I get something like another top tier iem!!?

bennysachdev said:
What you need to tell your audio logist is that you want to get an Open mouth impression done. He might give you something to bite on to while he gets the impression of your ear.

Needless to say, keep your ears clean b4 you do for an impression. Lol

The universal custom is basically a custom iem which is smaller in size and a bit rounded off to fit anyones ears. They use iems tips on the custom so that you get a proper seal in your ear canal like any other universal iem. Only thing you get from these is an audition of the sound signature and up2 some level an idea of how customs feel in your ears.

Everyone, UM, JH, Livewires offer free refitting within 3weeks approx. So i'm not worried about not getting it right the first time.

What I am concerned about is the sound sig for EDM. Is it worth getting my existing TF10 remolded or should I get something like another top tier iem!!?
Well,

I Follow a Principal If You Do Hot Hear do Not Believe

Benny you in Sg now a days sorry man i need to know .Then only i could suggest something .Post count increase is immaterial for me now lol " I got the joke though lol " .Well try a resehell i would say .When do you plan to come to india if you are in Sg

Yea i'm in SG, no plans of coming back. Lemme know if you have a few strings you can pull arnd here that would help.

i disagree with everybody here. I just cant imagine how could I be stuck with one sound signature. Might be because I am not an audiophile or might be because I didnt hear any customs. But seriously stick to tf10 only? Or just re0? No way. I listen to too many things and my mood changes too many times, and just cant believe I would stick wih one. And its too much fun to try new things ;)

haraakiri said:
i disagree with everybody here. I just cant imagine how could I be stuck with one sound signature. Might be because I am not an audiophile or might be because I didnt hear any customs. But seriously stick to tf10 only? Or just re0? No way. I listen to too many things and my mood changes too many times, and just cant believe I would stick wih one. And its too much fun to try new things ;)
everyone has got its own taste

some like to try new thngs

some like to stick wth the same they feel suits them best

never gave a thought to VAT!!
what about JH Audio, do they include VAT also. I mean will the VAT be deducted if the address is of india.( there is no info on the site about this)

yeah sm3 is a worthy universal with almost perfect FR, Soundstage is HUGE. But its price puts me off. if i were to spend $300+, i might as well add another 200 and get a custom.
They have a lengthy list of famous clients. But there are not many reviews on them. westones are famous as JHA

FaH33m said:
Frankly speaking if you want my suggestion , chuck everything else and go for the JH13/16 once and for all. I know , it will be way beyond the budget but I feel its better than keep on upgrading every few months. That's what I personally feel. I am sure guys like Ritvik,Superfrag etc will be able to relate to this better. I am myself sick and tired of my brain playing these games with me .Especially after losing these TF10s even before I could get my hands on them , I don't feel like spending on any high end IEM unless I try it and fall in love with it.

If you want to save money get hold of a used JH13/ UE11 pro or some good top-tier customs and get them remolded by Unique Melody .I am sure the JH13s have enough bass to let you continue with the TF10 like bass and sound signature :D .

TF10 remolded for Triple Driver is nice. TF10 remolded to the max with 6/8 drivers is as good as the JH13/JH16 in terms of quality, just the signature will be different. And since he likes the TF10 signature, I feel he should do some research on head-fi and ask if the TF18 sound signature is similar to the TF10. If it is, THAT is the once and all upgrade for him.
bennysachdev said:
Hi guys,

I am too confused with this and I need you guys to help me out with this. :S

I was thinking of getting my Tf10's remolded from Unique Melody.

The cost of getting the Tf10's remolded is around 300SGD.

That would make a triple driver custom iem.

Now, I can get a used top tier iem for that price. And have two top tier IEMs rather than put all my eggs in one basket.

Fact: I really like my tf10's sound sig and getting them custom remolded would make them even better.

As the primary genre, I listen to mostly electronic dance music, EDM.

What do you guys think?

TF10 remold, add as many drivers as possible. Don't forget, you can add more later. Make sure to mention that they should retain the TF10 sound signature as much as possible.
strategy said:
^ am a bit conserned about the fitting part ....some say that at canjam JerryH's people made them open their mouth for ear impressions . SOme say most orders are back returned for refitting. JH only gives 1 month refitting warranty ...it taes more time for the item, to come to india!!

well 100 per ear is good but what if he makes my wrong impression....for hearing aid fitting is important but not THIS important.( so the doctor might be a bit casual about it )

Open mouth impression with a bite block is the best way to do it.

Rockstarears.com -- Molded to your Music

I did my impressions with her ; excellent job. She has pictures and instructions as well, so follow that.

Also, 1 month is just a guideline ; if you've received your custom's late etc, and contact them immediately, they will refit it for you. Oh and I forgot to mention, they do not use USPS at all, they use UPS for all their deliveries, and international UPS is very reliable and fast since its private. (Just like FEDEX).
haraakiri said:

Well, then that's your POV. For you, the best would be JH16/Westone ES5 combo. :p

strategy said:
changing signature? JH3A.
JH3A is still far from being a reality. The development has been further delayed. And don't forgot, you have to send your custom's to them to tune with the JH3A, and once that is done, you cannot use the IEM elsewhere and any other manner. It will be a permanent combo, that AFAIK, cannot be undone. So take great care. :)

Not to mention, Rithvik won't be able to do the above since his is 2nd hand and remolded elsewhere.

I bought my JH5's a month back or so ; I still get wow'ed by it now and then. The only place where it lacks is bass, which is really fine by me since I don't like much bass. JH5's are easily satisfying me.. I don't have any urge to upgrade, except when I have finished saving up for either the JH13 or UM Miracle.

Superfrag said:
Open mouth impression with a bite block is the best way to do it.

Rockstarears.com -- Molded to your Music

I did my impressions with her ; excellent job. She has pictures and instructions as well, so follow that.

Also, 1 month is just a guideline ; if you've received your custom's late etc, and contact them immediately, they will refit it for you. Oh and I forgot to mention, they do not use USPS at all, they use UPS for all their deliveries, and international UPS is very reliable and fast since its private. (Just like FEDEX).

JH3A is still far from being a reality. The development has been further delayed. And don't forgot, you have to send your custom's to them to tune with the JH3A, and once that is done, you cannot use the IEM elsewhere and any other manner. It will be a permanent combo, that AFAIK, cannot be undone. So take great care. :)
its this year right ( as per JH audio's site and also the JH3A headfi) ?
or do you have latest intel from the expo thats going on (RMAF)?
and as to my knowldege its exclusive to JH13/16 not even jh11! ...and its better to buy a new one as their recabling/tuning of existing JH13/16 + JH3A costs 1099 ! compaired to 1699 for jh13+JH3A
yeah the combo is set for life it cant beused with other amp/DAP/DAC ...but as per the impressions its worth it . someone even said its woundstage is better than LCD-2 (with a good amp that was demoed at canjam)!!!!!!,...!!!

and thanks for the link. i'll download and print the instrucrions and pictures for impressions , i hope the doctor doesn't get mad at me for giving him instructions. :p

strategy said:
its this year right ( as per JH audio's site and also the JH3A headfi) ?

or do you have latest intel from the expo thats going on (RMAF)?

and as to my knowldege its exclusive to JH13/16 not even jh11! ...and its better to buy a new one as their recabling/tuning of existing JH13/16 + JH3A costs 1099 ! compaired to 1699 for jh13+JH3A

yeah the combo is set for life it cant beused with other amp/DAP/DAC ...but as per the impressions its worth it . someone even said its woundstage is better than LCD-2 (with a good amp that was demoed at canjam)!!!!!!,...!!!

and thanks for the link. i'll download and print the instrucrions and pictures for impressions , i hope the doctor doesn't get mad at me for giving him instructions. :p

It was demo'ed at CanJam. I myself heard it, its brilliant, but only worth if you know you're not going to change the setup, or use your custom's on the go. It was scheduled to come out later this year, but it got delayed as one of their engineers decided to leave and they hired another guy. Right now its delayed indefinitely, no ETA.
haraakiri said:
Why? :p

10 chars
JH16 is bass heavy, little dark, while ES5 is bright but smooth, focusing on mids and treble. SQ of both is top notch, though their sound signature differs a lot.

bennysachdev said:
Thanx for the info guys, guess the TF10 remold sounds like the best option.
I was silently waiting for everyone to push you towards a custom and hoped to get your TF10 for fee and Hippo 10 for free. All my plans spoiled :(

esanthosh said:
I was silently waiting for everyone to push you towards a custom and hoped to get your TF10 for fee and Hippo 10 for free. All my plans spoiled :(
Lol ,

What a Comment And How Nicely Put Haa Haa

Back