Top 5 Best Camera Phones

here is a jpeg out of a nexus 5 and a processed jpeg from raw file from same nexus 5. Android 5.0 allows RAW but very few devices and fewer still camera softwares can use it. fv5 is one of the exceptions.

Do pixel peep them at 100%. Notice the difference ?

The amount of luminance noise reduction applied by various vendors mucks around with the image quality.

You can't have a list of camera phones without including the k zoom & panasonic cm1.

Why is the Z3 not in this list ?

These kinds of top 5's are usually contentious. I would refer to DxO as a guideline.

In the end its up to you to get the shot. You make it not the camera.

Last edited:
Suggest people check out an app called freedcam. Raw supported on IMX135 & 214 sensors. G2, G3. Even galaxy nexus yes that old one.

Those in the list are the latest in the market.
I'm pretty okay with my Nexus 5 device still. :)

Latest? Not really. My phone was released in 2012 (earlier than your Nexus 5) and is still able to hold on to a top 10 spot in the DxO list - 3 years post release.

Then again, my phone is often jokingly referred to as a "Camera with a Mobile slapped onto it" rather than the other way around so its not really that surprising... :p

Then again, my phone is often jokingly referred to as a "Camera with a Mobile slapped onto it" rather than the other way around so its not really that surprising... :p
That's how i would describe by galaxy k as well. This is a mobile computing device. 98% smart and 2% phone.

Latest? Not really. My phone was released in 2012 (earlier than your Nexus 5) and is still able to hold on to a top 10 spot in the DxO list - 3 years post release.

What's your phone again? I think i didn't get the name. Must be an awesome phone then.

I had an 808. It's still in the family but am getting a 1020 now for myself. Dad had an N8, then the 808 which has since been passed around as I got him a 1520. Haven't had the pleasure of ever having a Sony camera phone though.

The m9 is getting bashed because it does not have ois. but its possible to get good shots with it by capping ISO low. too bad not a single reviewer bothered to investigate in their rush to publish as fast as possible.

but am getting a 1020 now for myself.

The 1020 is really nice and was offered at an absolute steal of a price last year during the FK sale. Doubt you would get it anywhere near that price in India. I saw listings of 26k, 40k, and 70k for it.

Do let me know where you buy it from and for how much.

The 1020 is really nice and was offered at an absolute steal of a price last year during the FK sale. Doubt you would get it anywhere near that price in India. I saw listings of 26k, 40k, and 70k for it.

Do let me know where you buy it from and for how much.

I am getting a used one from US for around 12k. I could wait a few months and get it even cheaper but don't wanna wait anymore.
I only bought my first phone in India and that was the Galaxy S2. Since then haven't bought any phone over here apart from the 808 which I had bought for 18k when the last pieces were being cleared. Even the 1520 was bought from US when Microsoft had an offer on it. Cost me just 33k for a brand new sealed piece when it was being sold for 45k here in India.

Back