Budget 90k+ Time to upgrade :)

He's getting Asus HD7970 OC what's a compromise in that:p,It's as good as GTX680 OC,Better after Ocing it's a very good choice by OP.
Lol, where is the like/thumbs up button?

- - - Updated - - -

and btw it is matrix 7970 platinum (rog series). Overclocks better than any other card on the planet :bigok:

The 'Like' button is on the right bottom corner of the post and 'Rep' button is the star on the left bottom corner of the users post,Cheers.
Lol, where is the like/thumbs up button?

and btw it is matrix 7970 platinum (rog series). Overclocks better than any other card on the planet :bigok:

@almightyrohit: 91k is a lot for a 1080p single monitor PC gaming setting even with all the latest and greatest games cranked up to maximum.But still you want to spend that much amount of money you can go in two different way :

Nvidia for - 3D gaming (you need a Nvidia 3D certificed monitor for that) and Physx -consider something like 670 at least
AMD - multi-monitor wide screen gaming ( you need atleast 3 monitor) - consider something like 7970

As for processor anything above i5 2500k does not make that much difference.For GPU after 7970 the benefits of spending extra is nominal (for Single monitor 1080p). I will suggest better spend on SSDs for both OS as well as for Games.

Went to Chandni Chowk (Kolkata) today. Will be getting my system within 4 weeks as my Graphic card is currently being imported from Taiwan :) Finalized following:
All prices are exclusive of 4% VAT:

i5 - 3470K: 13500/0
Asus Sabertooth Z77 MB: 18500/-
GSKILL 1600 Mhz 2*8 GB: 5100/-
ASUS MATRIX 7970 Platinum: 32800/-
CM Storm Stryker: 10500/- (Will be in stock in 3 days)
Corsair H100: 6600/-
Corsair TX850-M: 7200/-

SSD's seem to be a bit expensive in Kolkata. Got a quote of ~19K for 256 GB OCZ Vertex 4. Thinking of buying a Samsung 830 Series 256 GB from onlyssd.com.

Thanks for your help guys. Any last minute suggestions are welcome :-D
Good choice for GPU, the new drivers have given them an advantage, I would suggest you a Corsair case, the original C70 you chose was a good choice, even 650D is an amazing case, I am suggesting this as you are going out for H100 and it will be a tight fit in a CM case.
BTW how are you getting H100 for 6.6k? Sounds like a good deal.

Bought it last week. Pics coming soon :)

Final Config:

Chasis: CM Storm Stryker
Processor: i5 - 3570K
Cooler: Corsair H100
Graphic Card: Asus Matrix 7970 Platinum
RAM: GSKILL Ripjaws 2*8 GB @1600Mhz
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128 GB
HDD: WD Black - 2 TB
PSU: Corsair TX850 v2

You already bought it so congratulations. But you should have compromised on the cabinet and gone for a tank like PSU. Ax, hx 750 onwards series or x series.

edit: damn kolkotta people are lucky, I do not know how they get things at a cheaper rate than others, state taxes?.

Back