Budget 51-70k ThinkPad Yoga 12.5 vs HP EliteBook 840 G2 14.0

BRON

Recruit
Hi,

i need to choose a laptop to my daily use between those 2 choices (i can't choose a different option):

the first option is : ThinkPad Yoga 12.5 broadwell

includes 12.5 inch. 2 usb level3, hdmi port (no vga - provided converter to vga), has digitizer. works on wifi.
battery - around 4 hours (internal - can't be switched), fast charging.

the second option is : HP EliteBook 840 G2 14.0 broadwell

includes 14.0 inch, 4 usb level3, no digitizer. has Ethernet connection.
battery - around 4 hours (external battery).

Beside of this - both are equal with internal content.

for both i won't change battery or something like that in my daily use (i don't plan to take a spare battery with me), but i do need it to work duration as much as possible.

What i need is highest battery life as possible, convenient and easy connection to docking (i heard many argument against HP docking stations with 840/850 series), normal keypad (today i have ibm thinkpad and its wonderful). normal screen (bigger is better, but not in any case).

what do you say? i would appreciate you comments.

Thanks!

Elite book is built really really well. After removing the user service cover you can see how well it's actually built. But even though it had a supreme built, the previous Gen Elite book had some overheating issues, check on its reviews to decide.

Thanks. From my team mates i got a very bad feedback regard HP and that computer (G1, G2 is the same actually), saying that it stuck all time, problems with dock station (slim doc). user interface (keyboard) is not convenient etc.

They recommended me to choose the Yoga. Beside of smaller screen (1.5 inch less):
- how much the change in screen size is critical? it's only 1 cm-2 cm correct? (14' vs 12.5')
- I afraid that the cell is not enough and after a one year it will die. the cell is an internal cell ~4 hours by team mates review (and more). How manufacturers treat nowadays to cell issues? Does user still needs to replace a battery every 1-1.2 years? how this in internal battery devices?

Back