The Witcher 3 - Discussion Thread

The game looks poor when compared to the cinematics. Peter jackson should have made a 3+ hrs movie out of it. I would have preferred that.

Last edited:
oWFptPt.jpg

The books and games are independent. Sometimes I felt that the devs threw new characters at the player without much of an introduction or backstory. Apparently the characters are all from the books, so somehow they felt a proper introduction wasn't necessary. Gotta complete my backlog before Feb 15, want to finish it at one go.

I just happy that they are releasing this over retail and for a pretty decent price. Not only that, the retail copy will have
  • A Blu-ray Disc with the game (DVDs on PC)
  • An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
  • The official, developer-created "Witcher Universe - The Compendium"
  • A detailed map of the in-game world
  • A set of unique stickers
  • A protective sleeve
  • 16 DLC's

Speaking in very simplified terms, the PS4 has a GPU which lies between 7850 and 7870. The 7870 is more or less equivalent to the 660ti. It might be more optimised for a more stable framerate, but I doubt you will get more eyecandy in the PS4 than your PC. Not to mention the 30fps lock on PS4 for Witcher 3. At least you can tone down some settings to squeeze out more fps in PC.

I'd say go for PC, kb+mouse over controller for RPG's any day plus it's 2k cheaper and you can probably link it to your gog account.
660Ti should be able to run it on med-high, you can decide after someone posts vids on youtube.

Back