The Witcher 3 - Discussion Thread

I beat one bandit using everything at my disposal, the next one came in and chopped me down in 2 hits. Time to go back to White Orchard and practice my parry and dodge.

Use Quen, go as far away, then use your bow and damage the bandit as much as possible. Key is to take them out separately, lure them out and pick em off. Also, invest the general section level up called 'Sun and Stars' or something, gives you regeneration IIRC.

I left White Orchid at around 5-6. What to do is go to the place where your quest it and not wonder. Soon you will come upon wolves that are level 5 and downers too and level up fast. But again my difficulty level is not high. @Jc36 What are you playing at ?

Use Quen, go as far away, then use your bow and damage the bandit as much as possible. Key is to take them out separately, lure them out and pick em off. Also, invest the general section level up called 'Sun and Stars' or something, gives you regeneration IIRC.

Take on only those enemies who have level almost same as yours.. If you take on enemies with significantly higher level than you, they will kill you with very less no of hits and your hits also do less damage to them..
Also the suns and stars vitality regeneration rate is very slow.. I would rather perform a quick 1hr meditate to restore the vitality completely..

Completed Family Matters. That right there was a better written side quest than most of the RPG main quests I have played in recent years. Witcher was always about grey choices, but this took it even further. Fooling around in Gwent now.

Completed Family Matters. That right there was a better written side quest than most of the RPG main quests I have played in recent years. Witcher was always about grey choices, but this took it even further. Fooling around in Gwent now.

Agreed, it was absolutely amazing, inline with what CD Projekt have given us. The way you are progressing, we should be at similar points in the game, have you updated to the 1.08? I keep getting the not enough hdd space error!

Yes, I updated to 1.08, or rather Galaxy auto updated. Switched to alternate movement scheme, too.

Messed up the Velen Gwent quest though. Didn't duel the Baron when I had the chance, and now he has hung himself.

Restarted playing. Hit level 13. Still on 1.07. Now fooling around in Velen finishing the ?'s. Meet quite a few high level beasts in the wild. Guess will come back for them later.

Restarted playing. Hit level 13. Still on 1.07. Now fooling around in Velen finishing the ?'s. Meet quite a few high level beasts in the wild. Guess will come back for them later.

Similar stage, restarted at 12, completed a couple main missions and the XP is really being doled out, I have just touched level 14, not yet been to Skeillege.

Just went to Novigrad to collect the Warewolf potion while paying in Velen.. Any one point me out the Castle where in some random crates I will get the potion?

Anyone played with the graphical settings in PC? Any suggestions? Got 980Ti

The potion to help kill the Warewolf and stop it's health regeneration.
Side Quest: Wild at Heart
  • Related Quest: N/A
  • Reward: Werewolf Saliva, Niellen's Key, Monster Brain, Monster Blood, Monster Essence, Experience Points
One of the notes pegged to the Notice Boards says Neillen’s wife disappeared. Agree to go after her and visit Blackbough. If Geralt didn’t go there yet, use the Hangman’s Alley fast travel point and then head east to Blackbough.

Interact with Neillen and then speak to two of his neighbors. Follow the waypoint to the forest and use Witcher Senses to find Hanna’s corpse, as well as some wolves. Kill these animals and Hanna’s sister will appear. Agree with her and Geralt receives 55 Crowns. Hold out for a bit and you stand to gain 65 Crowns.

Should you choose to continue, activate Witcher Senses and check out the wolf corpse marked in red. Examine the nearby claw marks and Geralt will discover that a werewolf is responsible. Time to go to its lair.

Begin by checking for blood. Follow it and Geralt will come upon a tree. Inspect the tree and then discover some fur. You will now pick up the werewolf’s scent, leading to some clothing.

Check out these clothes and follow the path until you see a hut. Go into the hut and examine the bedroom to find notes. Exit the hut and go around back to discover some blood and a door. Use Aard Sign magic to open it and you’ll not only find the werewolf, but also some wolves keeping him company.

Start off by killing the wolves and then battle the werewolf. Hannah’s sister shows up just before you decide the werewolf’s fate. If you let him live he responds by killing her. Whatever you choose, take down the werewolf, examine his body and collect Niellen’s Key. This ends the quest, and you can go back into the hut and take items from the chest in the bedroom.

The Witcher 3: Velen Side Quest - "Wild at Heart" Werewolf Fight

Ah, this quest was tough when I did it. You need moondust. There is a herbalist north east of Oxenfurt, he has the recipe. Try to get Thunderbolt and Swallow, enhanced if you can. Stay near the entrance, you can engage and disengage there. Use Quen shield and Axii to stun him.

Ben playing on weekends nowadays. Level 24. Not a single boring moment. Fooling around in Skellige now. All 4 factions available for play in Gwent now. Got a s**t load of hero cards too (Including Geralt and yennefer). Gwent is real fun to play now.

Guys. I'm having a strange problem. I've got a GTX 970 with an i5 2500 and I'm able to run the game at 60fps at mostly Ultra minus hairworks and 1 or 2 settings slightly reduced. However, after some time, I get a massive FPS drop going down to around 35 fps and the only fix seems to be restarting my computer.

This never happened during the early levels in White Orchard. I began to notice only towards the end of Velen and into Novigrad (Around the time of the Bloody Baron quest). Once the drop occurs, even lowering the settings to Low gives me only around 55 fps instead of a rock solid 60. After a reboot, it's fine for a while and then it drops again.

Guys. I'm having a strange problem. I've got a GTX 970 with an i5 2500 and I'm able to run the game at 60fps at mostly Ultra minus hairworks and 1 or 2 settings slightly reduced. However, after some time, I get a massive FPS drop going down to around 35 fps and the only fix seems to be restarting my computer.

This never happened during the early levels in White Orchard. I began to notice only towards the end of Velen and into Novigrad (Around the time of the Bloody Baron quest). Once the drop occurs, even lowering the settings to Low gives me only around 55 fps instead of a rock solid 60. After a reboot, it's fine for a while and then it drops again.
Thats CPU performance hitting you hard.

I have read it somewhere that Novigrad in Witcher 3 will push your CPU and yours will surely take a hit.

Back