The PSP Buy Guide - Thread

Re: The PSP Buy Guide - Thread [All Qtns Answered Here]

Even I am planning to buy a PSP. But paying 12k+ for it is insane..

I think I better wait for few months, by then there would be definitive crack/modding available for 3004..

Btw are there any dedicated PSP forums (Indian possibly) where I can get information in detail as I am totally new to PSP scene with absolutely no 'know-how'..

If they are *ahem* category which cannot be posted here, I would very well appreciate the PM. :)

^ PSP 3000 has been modded with the CFW using ChickenHen ....

there are lots of PSP forums on the net like PSPMods , PSPCrazy , ConsoleSpot etc. Try googling for more !

^ Actually the mod ain't that stable like the one's on PSP 2000's as one has to mod again and again once the PSP 3000 is rebooted !

log 1 = 0 said:
^
Oh ok, Thanx..

Rough idea as to when can we expect a stable MOD...

The current Hack is stable. You can look at it either way- it doesnt require a special battery or touching any hardware which is an advantage, also extremely difficult to brick the PSP using the ChickHEN R2 + CFW Enabler combo to hack the PSP 3004.

The main disadvantage as mentioned above is that a system reboot or battery power going to zero will restore the PSP back to the original firmware.

i'm planning to buy a new PSP 3004.how do i find out if f/w ver is gr8er than 5.03 from the box code.i want f/w to be 5.03 or lower.

no info on it as of now..searched quite a bit about it but no success..you could go in for a gamble and buy a psp or buy a used one...but if its firmware is above 5.03 then it isn't crackable...box code related stuff is given for 2004 but no such info for 3004, maybe you could ask the shopkeeper to let you check it out n meanwhile sneak into the system settings...

couple of guides

http://forums.pspslimhacks.com/tutorials/739-psp-3000-complete-guide-enabling-custom-firmware.html

http://pspslimhacks.com/easy-chickhen-custom-firmware-installer-without-pandora/

well iam having psp 2000 which i hacked and till now its pretty good........

@abhijit.dahiya you need to convert video into mp4(avc,aac) in order to play in psp

@^^

Please read the PSP downgrading guide to know more. Although this is a relevant question, the explanation is too lengthy. Read through that thread, and most of the things will be clear to you. Then ask questions, if you have any left by then! :)

hey...

wanna know the latest price for the psp slim.....for both modded n unmodded both ?

frankly speaking even a temporary crack works just as good as a fully cracked one ! its real simple to crack it back even if its gone back to the original firmware if by chance you switch off the psp or take off its battery. There's no real problem as such..just that to get the "crack screen" it might take a few trys but eventually your gonna succeed, when your used to it, it'll be like a piece of cake crackin it again provided you have the software on ur psp :p

Hi .. right now I am in a fix about which model of PSP i should be buying.
What are the pro's of PSP2004 over PSP3004 and PSP GO . Doesn't an older model means less reliable/less updated ? ? ?

BTW , I intend to use it mostly for gaming , and i want to hack it (soft modding???) if possible.

ok is there a crack out for psp2000 - TA-088v3 motherboard ?
does the crack for 3000 apply for the 2000 version (ta-088v3)

xerocool said:
ok is there a crack out for psp2000 - TA-088v3 motherboard ?
does the crack for 3000 apply for the 2000 version (ta-088v3)

Yeap Chicken R2 + ( 5.03 GEN A or GEN B ) both work perfectly.
just make sure ur PSP 2004 has OFW lesser than or equal to 5.03..
And temp. soft modding is a very easy task(hardly takes 30 seconds), as someone posted above..

Peace~

Back