The "Everyday" show-off thread !

ea15e499fa51c91cccfd9fed92237d71.jpg

Another one moving from DA to Proteus Core - Welcome to the club!

I had a hell of a time with the thick cable in the beginning. However after a while I got used to it. The tracking performance is on a different planet compared to the DA - its much much much better.

Also the drivers are completely non painful unlike the crapshoot that razer's drivers are.

Thanks! Synapse is quite the pain I agree. I wanted to ask you though, how does the Proteus track on light surfaces?? Because I ended up buying a QcK Frost Blue as well as a second QcK Mass for the heck of it, and am wondering if it'll track well on the white/blue surface properly.

Pbg8Y5C.png

Thanks! Synapse is quite the pain I agree. I wanted to ask you though, how does the Proteus track on light surfaces?? Because I ended up buying a QcK Frost Blue as well as a second QcK Mass for the heck of it, and am wondering if it'll track well on the white/blue surface properly.

Pbg8Y5C.png
Tracks well on pretty much anything. It's fantastic on razer scarab, razer goliathus and steelpad 5l. Those are the pads I have.

I ordered the Mi mousepad ...
feels good... but still in packing....
how these are better as they are much costlier..?

Ordered one for work, and a coworker has now "borrowed" it. Was pretty massive, covered my MBP and my Magic mouse. Can't tell you how smooth is was as im only taking the DA 2013 over to work after i get my QcK mass. But it's pretty nice for the price, just make sure you keep it clean, it does tend to suck up dust and grime

Tracks well on pretty much anything. It's fantastic on razer scarab, razer goliathus and steelpad 5l. Those are the pads I have.

Ah cheers man, thanks! I was kind of tentative about the Proteus purchase until you mentioned it tracks better than the DA (which in my opinion was the best mouse I've used tracking wise: the 1800dpi original version as well as the 2013 one later)

Are those pens really that bad?
Actually I found this pen to be smoother than the Noodler's pens and the Pilot Metropolitan. but there are some quality issues with the converter and the feed is plastic and dumps a lot of ink on the paper. but its a great pen to tinker with. I was planning to do some experiments with zebra G nib/Brause Rose nib. 6 pens were 22 dollars where as 1 Pilot Metropolitan was 19. so its a win win.

Ordered a Dell Inspiron 20 (3048) all-in-one AIO PC on Sunday for my mom - it got delivered Thursday - today.

Dell_Inspiron_20_AIO_fixed.jpg

Ordered via Dell website direct (compu-india reseller / GNG electronics / EcomExpress courier) for 36k - quick processing, fast delivery. Other places like amazon, flipkart, snapdeal etc seemed to list the same model for at least 2k more.

Specs:

Intel Core i3 4160T (3.1 ghz, dual core) proccy,
19.5 inch LED 1600x900 display with speakers, webcam and mic,
4 GB DDR3L 1600mhz RAM,
1 TB WD Blue 5400 rpm HDD,
Dell wireless keyboard/mouse combo (USB non-bluetooth donglet receiver),
Qualcomm wifi (b/g/n) and bluetooth 4.0 radios,
Ethernet LAN port, USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports,
DVD writer drive.
Pedestal stand instead of kickstand - which is what I prefer.

BIOS shows manufacture date as April this year. It appears to have UEFI/SecureBoot options (with key management) as well as legacy - left it in legacy mode.

Came with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS preinstalled - nice bootup welcome animation and setup - but first thing I did was shutdown, crack it open and replace the annoyingly slow spinning HDD with an old 128 GB SSD lying around (took no more than 5 minutes) - and then installed Win10 :D which boots/shuts down and runs slick and fast. You can see the removed HDD and Ubuntu sticker on the panel alongside the Intel sticker.

Back