More.... :p

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

Is the Clip Zip a worthy upgrade over the Clip+??

I haven't used the Clip+ but there's a huge thread out there on Head-fi you might want to go through. It's titled 'Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+?'. Personally, I love the slightly bigger color display of the Clip Zip. The nice little addition of the song art showing up is something I love. As far as sound quality is concerned I guess both are at par with one another and both can be Rockboxed if you want to. I'm running the stock FW and TBH I like the warm sound that this neat little thing dishes out. :)

The Titan automatic (and manual winding) quality is top-notch and stellar. It would have a great movement inside. Even I was given a Titan Automatic by my in-laws for my marriage (but they knew about my watch likeness); and it is a lovely watch.

@imkaush :
I had seen that watch in the Titan show-room when I went to check out watches. It will probably manual wind too.
my respect for Titan dwindled after using a 7k Octane(A big purchase for me then) .The links on the metal strap kept coming apart within its first year and due to this the watch fell a couple of times causing lots of blemishes and scratches on the crystal as well as the body, but Titan refused warranty claims, the watch continued to fall consistently throughout its used life due to link pin breakage causing extensive cosmetic damage. (Due to this i vowed never to buy a Titan again) ,by second year the chrono and the seconds needle stopped working and titan service technician failed to fix this, the final straw- the master-pin connecting to the strap and body broke but the Titan technician at 3 different places couldn't remove the broken pin and asked for 5.65k complete body assembly replacement!!!unbelievable!!

my respect for Titan dwindled after using a 7k Octane(A big purchase for me then) .The links on the metal strap kept coming apart within its first year and due to this the watch fell a couple of times causing lots of blemishes and scratches on the crystal as well as the body, but Titan refused warranty claims, the watch continued to fall consistently throughout its used life due to link pin breakage causing extensive cosmetic damage. (Due to this i vowed never to buy a Titan again) ,by second year the chrono and the seconds needle stopped working and titan service technician failed to fix this, the final straw- the master-pin connecting to the strap and body broke but the Titan technician at 3 different places couldn't remove the broken pin and asked for 5.65k complete body assembly replacement!!!unbelievable!!

Sad to hear this about Titan. I would blame this on extreme bad CC.

my respect for Titan dwindled after using a 7k Octane(A big purchase for me then) .The links on ...........

Is that ur car or bike # ?

My experince with Titan had been absolutely amazing, Had a Titan Chronograph Watch bought in Year 2000 it went kaput in 2007 the service centre guys were not able to repair it due to old model they did not have the machine in stock, U will be shocked now as I was.

They issued me a credit note for 5.7k and said I can buy any watch from their store.

Bought this.
1395749048967.jpg

Recently with this automatic watc, One day removed it from the box and when I tried to pull the key a part inside broke... went to the service centre they said (note the watch was out of warranty) the repair cost will be approx 6.5k left the watch there. Couple of days later they called me and said the watch has been repaired can come and pick it....went and asked them how much to pay they said the part was changed free of cost u need to pay only the service charge. SAVED 6 GRANDS.

Is that ur car or bike # ?

My experince with Titan had been absolutely amazing, Had a Titan Chronograph Watch bought in Year 2000 it went kaput in 2007 the service centre guys were not able to repair it due to old model they did not have the machine in stock, U will be shocked now as I was.

They issued me a credit note for 5.7k and said I can buy any watch from their store.

Getting a 5.7k credit note for a 7 year old out of warranty watch is strange and anyone would be extremely delighted as usual warranty is 1 year.

Well I have a Titan Orion since 2008/9 and it has not failed on me so far despite being my regular workhorse. Though it only required strap change twice being a leather strap (once in 2010 and second this month along with a battery replacement). Also instead of walking to a normal Titan dealer try going to the Helios Store they have excellent CC.

Getting a 5.7k credit note for a 7 year old out of warranty watch is strange and anyone would be extremely delighted as usual warranty is 1 year.

Well I have a Titan Orion since 2008/9 and it has not failed on me so far despite being my regular workhorse. Though it only required strap change twice being a leather strap (once in 2010 and second this month along with a battery replacement). Also instead of walking to a normal Titan dealer try going to the Helios Store they have excellent CC.

These day most watches comes with 2 year standard warranty. Also all the major online store provide 1 year extended warranty which I think is good.

^Yeah but getting a credit note on 7 year old watch is something I have never been luck at :)

Yeah thats y i said that my experience with Titan was amazing never ever thought that any company will give u even 10% of the original cost after 7 years here they gave me approx 60% of what i paid for it, Actually i think the reason was i was adamant that i want it to be repaired simple (The SS in-charge i do remember his name Yash) was ery helpful he said he will get it repaired or else u will not be disappointed with the out come, Thats what the outcome was :)

Finally added a Pelikan to the Collection.
M200 for Rs.7000 after 20% off from Flipkart.
10001495_10151913646816008_995215227_n.jpg

10013041_10151913647231008_513095926_n.jpg

Comes in a very nice gift box.Pen is inside a leatherette sleeve and tied with satin string,makes opening it very special.
Box contents: Pen,manual. What else do you need?
First Impressions:
Small(I myself have small hands)
Very Light.
Feels nice in the hand,solidly made even though its plastic.
The Green Marble finish is amazing,almost 3D.You cant help but stop and admire it from time to time in the middle of notes.
Piston filler is butter smooth and very efficient.
Very Smooth nib with some feedback on cheap paper.Glass smooth on Rhodia Paper.
Wrote without and problems at first start.
Dries out a bit if kept open for a few minutes.

Last edited:
Back