Video Tata Sky SD resolution?

rajil.s

Adept
Hello,

Anybody knows what is the native resolution of the Tata Sky SD channel? The STB UI offers various resolutions which i guess is simple up-scaling. I want to minimise any upscaling of the video.

I am aware that on composite output of the STB the resolution is 576x480, but i dont know what is fed via hdmi.

Thanks

PS: I dont have an HD subscription

What TV do you have and what resolutions does it support? Just set the TV to the lowest resolution it supports then set the STB to match the output.

I guess if you have an HD "ready" (720p) TV or a full HD (1080p) TV then you probably can't avoid some "upscaling" ... but really why are you bothered - there will be hardly any visible difference to the PQ (picture quality).

Thanks for your response, but this doesnt answer my question. Is there any way of finding the original resolution of the hdmi stream for SD?

Probably still doesn't answer your query, but I'm pretty sure the "native" (original/source) resolution depends on each channel's source inputs to the TS (I think they call it "uplink"?), for example, even if I have subscribed to an HD channel which they claim is full HD 1080i, to my eyes different channels seem to show 720 content - something definitely lower than 1080.

So while SD probably should be around 480p - I'd also like to know if anyone can throw some light on this.

Back